5,593,293 Members 33,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't downgrade 4.4 to 4.2.2

Tip us?
 
endiz
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 238
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Default [Q] Can't downgrade 4.4 to 4.2.2

Hey All, I'm trying to downgrade (rogers) from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2 in order to successfully obtain root on 4.4.2, but each time I use RSD to try and downgrade I get the error message "failed flashing process 2/16 partition "gpt.bin" moto x" and on boatloader it says "downgraded security version update gpt_main version failed preflash validation failed for GPT"

Anyone ever have this issue?
Wizard > TyTN II > Nexus One > One XL > Nexus 4 > Moto X
Nexus 7 > Nexus 7 LTE
 
Mr. Orange 645
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 190
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by endiz View Post
Hey All, I'm trying to downgrade (rogers) from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2 in order to successfully obtain root on 4.4.2, but each time I use RSD to try and downgrade I get the error message "failed flashing process 2/16 partition "gpt.bin" moto x" and on boatloader it says "downgraded security version update gpt_main version failed preflash validation failed for GPT"

Anyone ever have this issue?
There's actually several posts here, including a sticky with bootloader information about this. Moto upgraded the bootloader in 4.4.2 and it cannot be downgraded. Sorry, you're stuck on 4.4.2 and stuck without root until someone finds an exploit.
 
flashallthetime
Old
#3  
flashallthetime's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1276
Posts: 3,720
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Richmond Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by endiz View Post
Hey All, I'm trying to downgrade (rogers) from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2 in order to successfully obtain root on 4.4.2, but each time I use RSD to try and downgrade I get the error message "failed flashing process 2/16 partition "gpt.bin" moto x" and on boatloader it says "downgraded security version update gpt_main version failed preflash validation failed for GPT"

Anyone ever have this issue?
Forget slapmymoto, if you want root you have only 1 choice, unlock your bootloader which you can do on a Rogers moto x , I did it the day I got my moto from robbers way back in sept. No that's not a typo Rogers the robber

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes
 
Steve-x
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 161
Posts: 529
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Langley, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
Forget slapmymoto, if you want root you have only 1 choice, unlock your bootloader which you can do on a Rogers moto x , I did it the day I got my moto from robbers way back in sept. No that's not a typo Rogers the robber

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
Yep, unlock that sucker, and you guys don't actually use Rogers do you? ewwwww
Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art with my Moto X.
 
Mr. Orange 645
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 190
Join Date: Sep 2010
I didn't realize the Rogers version could be bootloader unlocked. You will of course void your warranty. But if you unlock it, it as simple as fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery.img
 
flashallthetime
Old
#6  
flashallthetime's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1276
Posts: 3,720
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Richmond Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-x View Post
Yep, unlock that sucker, and you guys don't actually use Rogers do you? ewwwww
Yah I know rogers the robber, they're as bad as Verizon, or like my x wife, just can't get rid if either:rolleyes :

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes
 
endiz
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 238
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
Yah I know rogers the robber, they're as bad as Verizon, or like my x wife, just can't get rid if either:rolleyes :

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
Unlocked, flashed twrp, rooted. Ah, that feels much better.
Wizard > TyTN II > Nexus One > One XL > Nexus 4 > Moto X
Nexus 7 > Nexus 7 LTE
 
flashallthetime
Old
#8  
flashallthetime's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1276
Posts: 3,720
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Richmond Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by endiz View Post
Unlocked, flashed twrp, rooted. Ah, that feels much better.
Easy breezy
Now what firmware are you running?
Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes
 
endiz
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 238
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
I think I'll stick with stock rogers + xposed. Until CM11 is stable at least...
Wizard > TyTN II > Nexus One > One XL > Nexus 4 > Moto X
Nexus 7 > Nexus 7 LTE
 
Steve-x
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 161
Posts: 529
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Langley, BC
I'm pretty happy with the stock firmware myself now that I have the carrier name removed and the battery percent in black added.
Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art with my Moto X.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Prevent Unwanted Butt Dialing with Smart Pocket Guard

You may recall that back in August of last year, we took a look atAir SwiperbyXDA … more

Google ATAP Details Project Ara in Developers’ Conference

Earlier today, the Google ATAP teamkicked offits first ever Project Ara … more

HTC Sense 6 Ported to the Nexus 5

The Google Nexus 5 is regarded as having everything an Android user needs or wants: timely updates, … more