Downgrade Radio?

Search This thread

cannondale0815

Apr 21, 2009
Since upgrading my GSM dev edition to 4.4.2 (from 4.4), my reception on T-Mobile in the NYC area has degraded. Is there a known way to downgrade the radio (baseband) firmware? Or could other factors be at play here, such as issues with the build.prop file?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
Since upgrading my GSM dev edition to 4.4.2 (from 4.4), my reception on T-Mobile in the NYC area has degraded. Is there a known way to downgrade the radio (baseband) firmware? Or could other factors be at play here, such as issues with the build.prop file?

Since you have the Dev Edition. You should just unlock your bootloader and than read the general threads instructions for flashing different firmwares, read carefully so you don't brick. That's the only easy way to downgrade a baseband/modem right now. and unless you changed the build.prop previously I don't see why it should be a problem lol

Hope that helps. also t-mobile has been switching around cell towers these days in NYC so they may have flipped some frequencies on you. I live in NY too.

Reactions: cannondale0815

cannondale0815

Apr 21, 2009
Thanks for the response. Flashing radios was so simple on my HTC One S, I was hoping for a similarly simple way on the Moto X :)

ujoty

Jul 8, 2008
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn

I think that there's no need to unlock your bootloader for that.

Reactions: cannondale0815

Alecegonce101

Nov 17, 2014
This is a bit late but did it work? I am co side ring to downgrade my radio modem because I am not able to roam anymore. I was roaming perfectly fine but now when I updated to 4.4 that's when the problem started

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Since you have the Dev Edition. You should just unlock your bootloader and than read the general threads instructions for flashing different firmwares, read carefully so you don't brick. That's the only easy way to downgrade a baseband/modem right now. and unless you changed the build.prop previously I don't see why it should be a problem lol

Hope that helps. also t-mobile has been switching around cell towers these days in NYC so they may have flipped some frequencies on you. I live in NY too.
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn

I think that there's no need to unlock your bootloader for that.