Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] unlocking

OP M973

29th March 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #1  
M973's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 34
 
475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Ok, hope I don't get too much heat over this, my old device was a Samsung with unlocked bootloader, so everything was easily flashed.
Anyway, as to the best order of things, I'm still on AT&T 4.2.2 pre camera update, so I easily rooted with with pwnmymoto. I have Xposed installed with a few modules.

For the unlock steps -looks like this is the best guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=394 and using: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-your-device-c

Q: Is my recovery from pwnmymoto "stock" as it needs to be for unlocking process?

Can I just uncheck/disable the modules I have with xposed, or do I need to delete the framework? (which sounds like the only way is to use RSD to install the original ROM?)

Should I also unfreeze any files? (I think I only froze the one's related to motorola OTA)

My intent is to get to 4.4.2, and I know it's optimal to remove things from pwnmymoto (I know unlocking will wipe everything but my ROM), so probably after I've installed TWRP and rooted, to flash the file for AT&T 4.4.2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...eral/-t2688009 or does it need to be incremental, as I'm on 4.2 (i.e flash 4.2 camera update, then 4.4, etc.) -sorry if I seem a bit confused

Thanks in advance! any and all help is very much appreciated!
Last edited by M973; 30th March 2014 at 12:19 AM.
30th March 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #2  
M973's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 34
 
475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Hopefully not too many questions -if any has the best suggestion for any, would be great
30th March 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #3  
drago10029's Avatar
Senior Member
Phazon Mines
Thanks Meter: 80
 
469 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M973

Hopefully not too many questions -if any has the best suggestion for any, would be great

Just to be clear if you eant 4.4.2 stock use the xposed framework disabler, it said leaving the modules was ok according to the link you posted. I don't know personally.

But honestly if your unlocking the bootloader then just go to 4.4.2 first then unlock since you'll lose everything. I believe bootloader unlock wipes the system parition too. I don't know for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to drago10029 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #4  
M973's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 34
 
475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drago10029

Just to be clear if you eant 4.4.2 stock use the xposed framework disabler, it said leaving the modules was ok according to the link you posted. I don't know personally.

But honestly if your unlocking the bootloader then just go to 4.4.2 first then unlock since you'll lose everything. I believe bootloader unlock wipes the system parition too. I don't know for sure.

I think 4.4.2 isn't fully released yet OTA for AT&T, so it would be flashing to stock and taking each OTA in sequence to 4.4 I think? I believe the framework disabler is a zip that needs to be flashed, so that would only be after I have a custom recovery.

I just don't want to mess up anything, want to make sure I have the right recovery for unlocking, and that I've disabled anything that could cause an issue.

Edit: from the pwnmymoto thread, Jcase writes: "In the process we remove stock recovery, so OTAs will not be a worry."
I guess that means i don't have stock recovery?

Edit: I was thinking I needed stock recovery, I guess I just need fastboot which is what I have?
I just want to make sure, if anyone has unlocked from pwnmymoto
Thanks
Last edited by M973; 30th March 2014 at 02:18 AM.
30th March 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #5  
drago10029's Avatar
Senior Member
Phazon Mines
Thanks Meter: 80
 
469 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M973

I think 4.4.2 isn't fully released yet OTA for AT&T, so it would be flashing to stock and taking each OTA in sequence to 4.4 I think? I believe the framework disabler is a zip that needs to be flashed, so that would only be after I have a custom recovery.

I just don't want to mess up anything, want to make sure I have the right recovery for unlocking, and that I've disabled anything that could cause an issue.

Edit: from the pwnmymoto thread, Jcase writes: "In the process we remove stock recovery, so OTAs will not be a worry."
I guess that means i don't have stock recovery?

Edit: I was thinking I needed stock recovery, I guess I just need fastboot which is what I have?
I just want to make sure, if anyone has unlocked from pwnmymoto
Thanks

np problem bro, happy rooting! may the flash be ever in your favor
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes