drivers troubleshooting

Tip us?

motoxuser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default drivers troubleshooting

Hi Team,

I feel like I'm pretty close to being able to root this thing. Never used ADB, telnet, or any of the other random things I've spent several days reading about, but I think I've got it lined up to give it a shot.

I wish I could do this on my mac, but it seems the MotoWpNoMo step requires a PC. I do have an old laptop running xp (sp3), so for that step I'll use it. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the drivers to work. I've installed the motorola device manager's newest incarnation and still no luck getting it to pick up my device.

Any advice on how to get windows XP to recognize my device?

dray_jr
Old
(Last edited by dray_jr; 9th January 2014 at 02:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxuser View Post
Hi Team,

I feel like I'm pretty close to being able to root this thing. Never used ADB, telnet, or any of the other random things I've spent several days reading about, but I think I've got it lined up to give it a shot.

I wish I could do this on my mac, but it seems the MotoWpNoMo step requires a PC. I do have an old laptop running xp (sp3), so for that step I'll use it. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the drivers to work. I've installed the motorola device manager's newest incarnation and still no luck getting it to pick up my device.

Any advice on how to get windows XP to recognize my device?
what do you mean by your computer won't pick up your device.

like when you plug in your device nothing happens no driver's start to install or on your phone does it say USb debugging enabled or MTP.

or when you computer trys to install the drivers it fails.

if you not getting anything at all when you plug your phone in i would try a different USB port if still nothing then i would try a different USB cable

if you are having issues getting the drivers to install you can try downloading the Moto X toolkit, it has a option to download the drivers plus it also comes with ADB and everything else in the folder it installs to.(location is C:/Program Files/stillthisguy)

here is the link for the Toolkit for PC
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2477132

ToolKit for Mac
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2591875
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |
The Following User Says Thank You to dray_jr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

motoxuser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hey that got it - the toolkits are great. thanks!

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxuser View Post
hey that got it - the toolkits are great. thanks!
no problem man glad it got it up and running
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |