XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] eclipse 2.1 rom?? question

Tip us?

TronXiix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] eclipse 2.1 rom?? question

hello, i have locked moto and wonder do i need 4.2.2 root to install this rom or 4.4 cause i get bootloop after installing the rom.

nitroglycerine33
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5283

DONATE TO ME
Are you currently running jellybean? Sounds like you are not running the KitKat kernel.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

d33pblue
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Same Bootloop

Hey Nitro,

Moto X VZW Dev.Ed.
Unlocked BL
TWRP 2.6.3.1
Stock rom 4.4.2
SuperSU
Rom Toolbox Pro for my needs

Had Eclipse installed and was running great. Screen started to flash between operations and loading apps. Thought it was just a misbehaving app, deleted everything I installed and it kept happening. Reinstalled the Eclipse ROM, no-joy. So I brought the phone back to complete stock. I was running on stock for about a week, the OTA came for 4.4.2 and I took it.

Flashed TWRP and installed SU again. When I go to install Eclipse 3.3.2 it shows that everything is loading correctly (love the "mounting your system like a horse"). When it restarts itself it gets stuck in a bootloop with just the Eclipse image. I've left the phone alone for a half hour at a time and it never completes (at 45 minutes on the latest install attempt). Downloaded from the primary and mirror and tried those, same issue, tried it dirty at first, then wiped the dalvik/cache. I've read the main ROM thread - nothing that I could find where someone got stuck in a bootloop like this. Just wanted to pick your brain and see what you thought.

^^^It's long, my bad. I just wanted to make sure you had every detail possible.

Really appreciate it, it's a great ROM when I don't jack things up.

nitroglycerine33
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by d33pblue View Post
Hey Nitro,

Moto X VZW Dev.Ed.
Unlocked BL
TWRP 2.6.3.1
Stock rom 4.4.2
SuperSU
Rom Toolbox Pro for my needs

Had Eclipse installed and was running great. Screen started to flash between operations and loading apps. Thought it was just a misbehaving app, deleted everything I installed and it kept happening. Reinstalled the Eclipse ROM, no-joy. So I brought the phone back to complete stock. I was running on stock for about a week, the OTA came for 4.4.2 and I took it.

Flashed TWRP and installed SU again. When I go to install Eclipse 3.3.2 it shows that everything is loading correctly (love the "mounting your system like a horse"). When it restarts itself it gets stuck in a bootloop with just the Eclipse image. I've left the phone alone for a half hour at a time and it never completes (at 45 minutes on the latest install attempt). Downloaded from the primary and mirror and tried those, same issue, tried it dirty at first, then wiped the dalvik/cache. I've read the main ROM thread - nothing that I could find where someone got stuck in a bootloop like this. Just wanted to pick your brain and see what you thought.

^^^It's long, my bad. I just wanted to make sure you had every detail possible.

Really appreciate it, it's a great ROM when I don't jack things up.
Did you do a factory reset wipe? Also, are you running the 4.4.2 kernel?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33
The Following User Says Thank You to nitroglycerine33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

d33pblue
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerine33 View Post
Did you do a factory reset wipe? Also, are you running the 4.4.2 kernel?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I did not do a factory reset wipe the first time. I did the second time. Same situation.

The kernel I'm using is:
3.4.42-g3385454
- Jan 23 17:09

System Version:
164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Build #:
KXA20.16-1.25.2

I appreciate you taking the time out to look at this, thank you.