[Q] Enable Chromecast Android Mirroring on Moto X

OP atomb

11th July 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #11  
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 105

493 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

My router is not netgear...I don't have a smart TV, so I'm using a "Netgear Push2TV" device which just plugs into the HDMI port of any TV and is made specifically for WiDi / Miracast (you can google it if interested - it's actually been out for several years now).

Yes, I'm using Xposed. I'm rooted with several root apps, but using the Stock ROM / kernel.

When I first connect my phone to the "Push2TV", the Push2TV displays a 4 (or 6?) digit code on the screen and asks me to enter it on my device. The phone pops up a number pad and I enter the code. A few seconds later, screen mirroring is ON.

I also want to add that though I've seen some reports of the "Chromecast" method resulting in choppy video and/or no sound, the built-in mirroring has worked flawlessly for me. Sometimes I use the "Xfinity TV-Go" app to stream television episodes to the TV. You can't tell that it's not being played directly from the TV. Picture and sound have both been excellent.

Oh I get it, it's a device like Chromecast or sort. I guess it's the kernel, I am on Faux's. Let me see if it works with stock kernel. Do you happen to have a zip of stock kernel?

I get that four digit code thingy, I did that when I had the S4 and it used to connect successfully.
11th July 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 42

93 posts
Thumbs up See also...
See also:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ecast-t2812322
11th July 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1,729

1,989 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdouble

Oh I get it, it's a device like Chromecast or sort. I guess it's the kernel, I am on Faux's. Let me see if it works with stock kernel. Do you happen to have a zip of stock kernel?

I get that four digit code thingy, I did that when I had the S4 and it used to connect successfully.

Hmm, I've never used a custom Kernel, but boot.img contains the Kernel. I bet that is your issue. You should be able to download the SBF for your carrier, extract "Boot.img", and fastboot flash it.

I suggest making a backup first, just in case something goes awry.

Let us know if that does the trick.
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #14  
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 105

493 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

Hmm, I've never used a custom Kernel, but boot.img contains the Kernel. I bet that is your issue. You should be able to download the SBF for your carrier, extract "Boot.img", and fastboot flash it.

I suggest making a backup first, just in case something goes awry.

Let us know if that does the trick.

Lol, thanks mate. I did extract the boot.img some days back from the ROM and I flashed it via Fastboot, everything went fine and I even got the stock kernel back, but WiFi would not turn on, and without WiFi I can't do this test. I guess something is missing from the boot.img file, something else needs to be flashed as well, just don't know what.

I am giving up. I will format the phone when 4.4.4 will be released and that time I will check if Screen Mirroring works or not, it should, just for the peace of mind, then I will have to flash custom kernel and then it will stop working again.
12th July 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 6

29 posts
I've got a Verizon DE, 4.4.2 rooted, running Faux 007m. I can use wireless display (screen mirroring) through my Netgear PTV2000 or my miracast enabled Samsung TV without issue.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by thesourgin; 12th July 2014 at 04:13 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, chromecast, mirroring, moto x
Previous Thread Next Thread