FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

[Q] TWRP not working with device encryption

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Scoopta, Junior Member on 9th April 2014, 05:59 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have a Moto X(4.4) Dev edition running the unofficial TWRP v2.6.3.1. I recently encrypted my device and now TWRP can't make nandroid backups. I know why it doesn't work but my question is this. Is there any way for TWRP to mount my encrypted data partition?
Last edited by Scoopta; 9th April 2014 at 06:03 PM.
 
 
9th April 2014, 10:02 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 559
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoopta

I have a Moto X(4.4) Dev edition running the unofficial TWRP v2.6.3.1. I recently encrypted my device and now TWRP can't make nandroid backups. I know why it doesn't work but my question is this. Is there any way for TWRP to mount my encrypted data partition?

I do not think so. Use Philz it is great.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

You can step right into it. It recognizes your twrp folder. Use recovery tools to flash the IMG from home.
11th April 2014, 06:02 AM |#3  
drago10029's Avatar
Senior Member
Phazon Mines
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoopta

I have a Moto X(4.4) Dev edition running the unofficial TWRP v2.6.3.1. I recently encrypted my device and now TWRP can't make nandroid backups. I know why it doesn't work but my question is this. Is there any way for TWRP to mount my encrypted data partition?

Don't know a way either, your just not supposed to use it when your stuff is encrypted. It's not supported and well, I'm sure you don't like bricks lol
11th April 2014, 06:07 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

I do not think so. Use Philz it is great.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

You can step right into it. It recognizes your twrp folder. Use recovery tools to flash the IMG from home.

Thanks I'll have to check that out.
11th April 2014, 06:12 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drago10029

Don't know a way either, your just not supposed to use it when your stuff is encrypted. It's not supported and well, I'm sure you don't like bricks lol

Does anyone like bricks haha?...anyway thanks for the input I just needed to encrypt my device and was wondering if there was a way to take a backup. I'm going to go try the previous suggestion when I get time but for now I'll have to live without nandroid.
11th April 2014, 09:31 PM |#6  
Darth's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag The Old Republic
Thanks Meter: 8,063
 
More
I don't understand why people encrypt...unless their a secret agent of course. 😉

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
11th April 2014, 09:38 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

I don't understand why people encrypt...unless their a secret agent of course. 😉

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

I encrypted my device to keep people with the ability to breach my data partition with ease out of my device since a screen lock is so easy to bypass especially on a rooted device with a custom recovery.
11th April 2014, 10:04 PM |#8  
Darth's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag The Old Republic
Thanks Meter: 8,063
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoopta

I encrypted my device to keep people with the ability to breach my data partition with ease out of my device since a screen lock is so easy to bypass especially on a rooted device with a custom recovery.

I firmly believe, to each their own. So not trying to dismiss anyone's reasons.

Just personally.... If someone wants to go to all the trouble to see my data...they can have at it. Lol. Nothing exciting on my phone.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
11th April 2014, 10:55 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

I firmly believe, to each their own. So not trying to dismiss anyone's reasons.

Just personally.... If someone wants to go to all the trouble to see my data...they can have at it. Lol. Nothing exciting on my phone.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

Oh haha...I have private information on my phone that I would like kept that way. Well it's not on my phone but it's on my Google account of which is completely accessible from my phone without logging in.
Last edited by Scoopta; 11th April 2014 at 10:59 PM.
12th April 2014, 02:46 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

I do not think so. Use Philz it is great.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

You can step right into it. It recognizes your twrp folder. Use recovery tools to flash the IMG from home.

I flashed Philz recovery but I can't figure out how to mount my data partition.
12th April 2014, 03:06 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 559
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoopta

I flashed Philz recovery but I can't figure out how to mount my data partition.

There in mounts. But no need all partitions self mount.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes