Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question VZN MotoX Dropping calls after 3-5 mins.

OP timeToy

11th April 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 203

295 posts
More
Guys,

I am having a very annoying issue with my MotoX (both my previous Dev Ed. or my new Motomaker wood back), I consistently drop call after between 3 to 5 minutes, it seems to last a little longer when using a headset, but it will still drop ultimately. I am stock, unrooted just some disabled bloat app. Anyone have that kind of issue, any fixes? Could it be a Verizon issue?
11th April 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 525

2,584 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeToy

Guys,

I am having a very annoying issue with my MotoX (both my previous Dev Ed. or my new Motomaker wood back), I consistently drop call after between 3 to 5 minutes, it seems to last a little longer when using a headset, but it will still drop ultimately. I am stock, unrooted just some disabled bloat app. Anyone have that kind of issue, any fixes? Could it be a Verizon issue?

You are at home when this happens? Traveling?

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Carrier? edit I blind!!!
11th April 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #3  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 108

442 posts
More
I'm assuming you have good signal/service when this is happening? (otherwise that would be the obvious answer)

Since it doesn't appear to be the device, it could be your SIM card. You could try asking Verizon to give you a new one, it's free.
11th April 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 203

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

You are at home when this happens? Traveling?

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Carrier? edit I blind!!!

I am at, or around home, definitely not traveling or roaming.
11th April 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 525

2,584 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeToy

I am at, or around home, definitely not traveling or roaming.

Could be a tower issue, call cs/technical support

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

They used to be very good about that kind of issue. You can/could ask for a trouble ticket.
Last edited by aviwdoowks; 11th April 2014 at 06:34 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread