Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

EU XT1052 OTA, some guidance please?

OP dr_strangetrick

7th August 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 18

271 posts
More
Hi there, I have a stock retail EU Moto X (XT1052) and this morning I got the notification that there was a system update.

My phone is 100% factory so my bootloader is locked and I am not rooted, but I know how to unlock and root

My question is if I unlock and root would the OTA be useful to devs here? if so where and how to I capture the update and considering how may other users have reported issues with battery life etc what is the best method to return back to 4.4.2?

Thanks guys
7th August 2014, 06:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,790

2,029 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_strangetrick

Hi there, I have a stock retail EU Moto X (XT1052) and this morning I got the notification that there was a system update.

My phone is 100% factory so my bootloader is locked and I am not rooted, but I know how to unlock and root

My question is if I unlock and root would the OTA be useful to devs here? if so where and how to I capture the update and considering how may other users have reported issues with battery life etc what is the best method to return back to 4.4.2?

Thanks guys

Well, first this is already being discussed here (as well as some info regarding the changes / battery life in the new update):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...llout-t2805645

You can feel free to read through that thread, and address any questions, concerns, and/or comments there.

Second, other users have already been kind enough to share all of the OTA files, so that would be unnecessary. A kind offer, however.
7th August 2014, 06:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

271 posts
More
OK, thanks

I must admit I did not see anything about the EU 1052 OTA but I suppose after waiting so long I could have missed it

Cheers
7th August 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 956

2,274 posts
More
If you have the OTA file to share (you can only pull it off your phone if you are rooted), it wont hurt, even if someone else has shared it.

Just make sure you say exactly what phone it is for (carrier and model).

If you do unlock your bootloader and root to get the file, just remember you'll need to flash stock recovery back on your phone to take the OTA (please use the stock recovery from the ROM currently on your phone... If you don't have it, visit http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0 download the SBF that matches what is on your phone, and unzip it. the stock Recovery.IMG is inside it)
8th August 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

271 posts
More
OK, I've got the Blur_Version.161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB.zip

I have taken a quick look around but I can't see anything, is there a specific OTA thread I can add to? if not which is the best section to add to?

Thanks
8th August 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,790

2,029 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_strangetrick

OK, I've got the Blur_Version.161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB.zip

I have taken a quick look around but I can't see anything, is there a specific OTA thread I can add to? if not which is the best section to add to?

Thanks

The link I posted for you in Post # 2 would be the best place for it. That is where the 4.4.4 roll-out discussion is taking place, and it is also where all of the other OTAs have been posted. That one IS already in there, though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread