Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

EU XT1052 OTA, some guidance please?

Tip us?

dr_strangetrick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default EU XT1052 OTA, some guidance please?

Hi there, I have a stock retail EU Moto X (XT1052) and this morning I got the notification that there was a system update.

My phone is 100% factory so my bootloader is locked and I am not rooted, but I know how to unlock and root

My question is if I unlock and root would the OTA be useful to devs here? if so where and how to I capture the update and considering how may other users have reported issues with battery life etc what is the best method to return back to 4.4.2?

Thanks guys

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,608

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_strangetrick View Post
Hi there, I have a stock retail EU Moto X (XT1052) and this morning I got the notification that there was a system update.

My phone is 100% factory so my bootloader is locked and I am not rooted, but I know how to unlock and root

My question is if I unlock and root would the OTA be useful to devs here? if so where and how to I capture the update and considering how may other users have reported issues with battery life etc what is the best method to return back to 4.4.2?

Thanks guys

Well, first this is already being discussed here (as well as some info regarding the changes / battery life in the new update):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...llout-t2805645

You can feel free to read through that thread, and address any questions, concerns, and/or comments there.

Second, other users have already been kind enough to share all of the OTA files, so that would be unnecessary. A kind offer, however.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT

dr_strangetrick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
OK, thanks

I must admit I did not see anything about the EU 1052 OTA but I suppose after waiting so long I could have missed it

Cheers

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 766
If you have the OTA file to share (you can only pull it off your phone if you are rooted), it wont hurt, even if someone else has shared it.

Just make sure you say exactly what phone it is for (carrier and model).

If you do unlock your bootloader and root to get the file, just remember you'll need to flash stock recovery back on your phone to take the OTA (please use the stock recovery from the ROM currently on your phone... If you don't have it, visit http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0 download the SBF that matches what is on your phone, and unzip it. the stock Recovery.IMG is inside it)
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

dr_strangetrick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
OK, I've got the Blur_Version.161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB.zip

I have taken a quick look around but I can't see anything, is there a specific OTA thread I can add to? if not which is the best section to add to?

Thanks

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,608

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_strangetrick View Post
OK, I've got the Blur_Version.161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB.zip

I have taken a quick look around but I can't see anything, is there a specific OTA thread I can add to? if not which is the best section to add to?

Thanks
The link I posted for you in Post # 2 would be the best place for it. That is where the 4.4.4 roll-out discussion is taking place, and it is also where all of the other OTAs have been posted. That one IS already in there, though.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT