Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

touchless issues

OP Tbbo514

3rd March 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #1  
Tbbo514's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag orlando
Thanks Meter: 46
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Brand new motox on vzw and the hotword detection and touchless controls don't work the mic on the homescreen is hollowed out and doesn't respond . Phone is brand new and I just updated it last night thinking that would fix it but it didn't still doesn't work . Ive tried changing the country in the settings that doesn't work either K...anyone know how to fix this considering this is the main reason I got it ?
3rd March 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #2  
Solutions Etcetera's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sierra Nevada (west slope)
Thanks Meter: 165
 
867 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Have you trained it yet? How did that go?
4th March 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #3  
drago10029's Avatar
Senior Member
Phazon Mines
Thanks Meter: 80
 
469 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbbo514

Brand new motox on vzw and the hotword detection and touchless controls don't work the mic on the homescreen is hollowed out and doesn't respond . Phone is brand new and I just updated it last night thinking that would fix it but it didn't still doesn't work . Ive tried changing the country in the settings that doesn't work either K...anyone know how to fix this considering this is the main reason I got it ?

You need to turn on google now as well for it to work. and of course update the google apps. hope that fixes your issue!
4th March 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #4  
Tbbo514's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag orlando
Thanks Meter: 46
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera

Have you trained it yet? How did that go?

Yes it's trained still cannot activate it

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
4th March 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #5  
Tbbo514's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag orlando
Thanks Meter: 46
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drago10029

You need to turn on google now as well for it to work. and of course update the google apps. hope that fixes your issue!

I've updated Google apps including the Motorola apps the hotword detection didn't work even when I turned it on first day. I downloaded Google's launcher and the detection works fine but on Motorola's home never works . I let the update come through and now I'm on android 4.4.2 and it's still broken also the launcher doesn't look like the kit Kat launcher it still looks like jelly beans/ics I'm not sure if that's relevant or not also phone is not rooted

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
4th March 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #6  
drago10029's Avatar
Senior Member
Phazon Mines
Thanks Meter: 80
 
469 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbbo514

I've updated Google apps including the Motorola apps the hotword detection didn't work even when I turned it on first day. I downloaded Google's launcher and the detection works fine but on Motorola's home never works . I let the update come through and now I'm on android 4.4.2 and it's still broken also the launcher doesn't look like the kit Kat launcher it still looks like jelly beans/ics I'm not sure if that's relevant or not also phone is not rooted

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

My bad, correction it should work without google now activated. I just tested it out. 3 words of advice:

1. Launcher has nothing to do with that bro lol
2. [[USING VOICE COMMANDS]] when voice training, your room needs to be like dead silent, enunciate but talk normally.
3. When voice training comes up, do 2 from arms length and one up close. That gets it for me every time.

***EDIT

just realized you said homescreen was grayed out, you should be using the homescreen button. moto voiceless controls should work with the phone completely locked and asleep.

Let me know how that goes.
4th March 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #7  
Tbbo514's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag orlando
Thanks Meter: 46
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbbo514

I've updated Google apps including the Motorola apps the hotword detection didn't work even when I turned it on first day. I downloaded Google's launcher and the detection works fine but on Motorola's home never works . I let the update come through and now I'm on android 4.4.2 and it's still broken also the launcher doesn't look like the kit Kat launcher it still looks like jelly beans/ics I'm not sure if that's relevant or not also phone is not rooted

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Did the training again got the green checkmarks again and it still doesn't work . Not on the lock screen or home screen . I wonder has anyone else had this issue with the vzw model ?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes