Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 46,141 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anybody use Wells Fargo mobile deposit? I'm having issues.

Tip us?

beelbeel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Anybody use Wells Fargo mobile deposit? I'm having issues.

I am trying to use the Wells Fargo app to deposit a check, but it isn't working at all. When I first take a picture of the check, it looks fine. When it then shows me a copy of the picture to confirm that it is good, the entire picture is incredibly pixelated and none of the numbers can be read. As a result, the text recognition does not work and I can't use mobile deposit.

Groid
Old
Thanks Meter 95
I tried the mobile deposit 3 times and it worked once and failed twice. It seems to take a long time to process and I would just give up after having taken the pictures of the front and back and confirming the amount. I think you have to be in a good mobile data area. It may not work on just wifi, but I don't know that for sure.

stevetsimmons.com
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by beelbeel View Post
I am trying to use the Wells Fargo app to deposit a check, but it isn't working at all. When I first take a picture of the check, it looks fine. When it then shows me a copy of the picture to confirm that it is good, the entire picture is incredibly pixelated and none of the numbers can be read. As a result, the text recognition does not work and I can't use mobile deposit.
I too have had issues with the mobile deposit feature of the wells fargo app.Before the most recent update it would rarely work. Most of the time it would force close. but occasionally a few hours later, long after i simply gave up, I received an email saying the deposit took. after the recent app update it always tells me the deposit amounts do not match. yet they do. I have also noticed that once the picture is takes it is very blurry and pixelated. This occurs no matter how still my camera is held.