Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I feel like a noob, but

OP dj923

8th January 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #11  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 16

429 posts
More
It is rather overwhelming when it comes to rooting the Moto X. I can entirely see where the OP is coming from. I have read what I can find on the subject. IT IS OVERWHELMING and YES, CAN VERY WELL BE CONFUSING. I have also rooted many devices. It would be very nice to have an easier root process but we have to work with what we have right now.
8th January 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 182

946 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRo80

It is rather overwhelming when it comes to rooting the Moto X. I can entirely see where the OP is coming from. I have read what I can find on the subject. IT IS OVERWHELMING and YES, CAN VERY WELL BE CONFUSING. I have also rooted many devices. It would be very nice to have an easier root process but we have to work with what we have right now.

i mean. i was "overwhelmed" i guess when i first got into messing around with my phone. But it was only overwhelming because i knew what i wanted to do and wanted to do it as fast as possible without understanding anything. If you just read for 5 hours instead of 30 minutes then it isn't overwhelming at all. It just takes longer than most people expect to understand everything they are doing. So they don't take the time. End up running commands and doing things they think some post told to do somewhere without any idea of what they are doing and boinking their phone up. If instead when they came across something they weren't sure what it was and then took time to read/research what it actually was, they wouldn't feel overwhelmed anymore.

Overwhelming comes from taking tiny tid bits of info and trying to make them make sense together. If you read a ton, its not overwhelming to make large tid bits of information you have accumulated make sense together. IMHO.

I didn't do it the way i just described but i also spent days on end trying to unbrick my phones. I then had to spend countless hours actually understanding what i just did so that i can manually fix them. Rsdlite and toolkits are cool and all, but they allow people with little experience to get into trouble where they need lots of experience to get out of that trouble. Also considering everyone that knows what is going on just says read read read and it isnt overwhelming anymore, they are probably spot on (wwhether they followed that process or not).
8th January 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #13  
Flag Marion
Thanks Meter: 15

245 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboyyyy

i mean. i was "overwhelmed" i guess when i first got into messing around with my phone. But it was only overwhelming because i knew what i wanted to do and wanted to do it as fast as possible without understanding anything. If you just read for 5 hours instead of 30 minutes then it isn't overwhelming at all. It just takes longer than most people expect to understand everything they are doing. So they don't take the time. End up running commands and doing things they think some post told to do somewhere without any idea of what they are doing and boinking their phone up. If instead when they came across something they weren't sure what it was and then took time to read/research what it actually was, they wouldn't feel overwhelmed anymore.

Overwhelming comes from taking tiny tid bits of info and trying to make them make sense together. If you read a ton, its not overwhelming to make large tid bits of information you have accumulated make sense together. IMHO.

I didn't do it the way i just described but i also spent days on end trying to unbrick my phones. I then had to spend countless hours actually understanding what i just did so that i can manually fix them. Rsdlite and toolkits are cool and all, but they allow people with little experience to get into trouble where they need lots of experience to get out of that trouble. Also considering everyone that knows what is going on just says read read read and it isnt overwhelming anymore, they are probably spot on (wwhether they followed that process or not).

Well said sir!

Slapped my Moto
8th January 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #14  
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 238

571 posts
More
Any guess let's get back on topic I may have made my comment but I also pointed him in the right direction to answer his question. But flaming the kid repeated is not needed. OP did you get everything taken care of

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th January 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #15  
Flag Marion
Thanks Meter: 15

245 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dray_jr

Any guess let's get back on topic I may have made my comment but I also pointed him in the right direction to answer his question. But flaming the kid repeated is not needed. OP did you get everything taken care of

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I agree...happen to me on one of my posts... And I agree.. OP.. Fixed? Or still same issues?

Slapped my Moto
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread