Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 50,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] US Firmware on EU device

Tip us?

virtualflyer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default [Q] US Firmware on EU device

Hello, I know that you can flash the eu firmware on an american moto x to get european languages or so. Is it possible also the opposite thing?
Can I flash a us firmware on an european moto x?
This is because I'd like to root it without unlocking the bootloader, so with the warranty still valid.
I should just downgrade to 4.2.2, but there's no european 4.2.2 since it's shipped with kitkat.

Would I be able to use an american 4.2.2 on an european moto x to downgrade, root and then go back to european 4.4?
thanks

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualflyer View Post
Hello, I know that you can flash the eu firmware on an american moto x to get european languages or so. Is it possible also the opposite thing?
Can I flash a us firmware on an european moto x?
This is because I'd like to root it without unlocking the bootloader, so with the warranty still valid.
I should just downgrade to 4.2.2, but there's no european 4.2.2 since it's shipped with kitkat.

Would I be able to use an american 4.2.2 on an european moto x to downgrade, root and then go back to european 4.4?
thanks
That's a tricky situation as you should be aware. Not all modems are cross compatible. and you're gonna have to do some reading to get your answer, check the general thread. there's a section on bootloaders and firmware you should check out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...uides-t2603358
N5 EHNDROIX V 14.8.8
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye. Galaxy S III GOOD RIDDEN!!!