5,596,179 Members 34,084 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flash vzw Dev Ed radio on GSM Dev Ed?

Tip us?

phositadc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314
Default Flash vzw Dev Ed radio on GSM Dev Ed?

Anybody tried it? Do you think it would enable GSM Dev Ed to work on Verizon?

Sent from my Nexus 5

mhamann
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by phositadc View Post
Anybody tried it? Do you think it would enable GSM Dev Ed to work on Verizon?

Sent from my Nexus 5
Yes, it works perfectly! Let us know how you make out...

phositadc
Old
(Last edited by phositadc; 6th December 2013 at 11:52 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhamann View Post
Yes, it works perfectly! Let us know how you make out...
I don't appreciate your sarcasm, sir. You do realize this has been done with other devices, right? Most devices that are built for multiple carriers have all of the radios on the soc, and the unused ones are just dormant. With unlocked bootloaders sometimes all it takes to activate them is flashing the radio from a different carrier.

So before acting like someone is crazy, consider educating yourself first.

Sent from my Nexus 5

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2937

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phositadc View Post
I don't appreciate your sarcasm, sir. You do realize this has been done with other devices, right? Most devices that are built for multiple carriers have all of the radios on the soc, and the unused ones are just dormant. With unlocked bootloaders sometimes all it takes to activate them is flashing the radio from a different carrier.

So before acting like someone is crazy, consider educating yourself first so you don't come across as an idiot

Sent from my Nexus 5
I've never heard of ANY CDMA phone having GSM radios flashed to it (or GSM flashed with CDMA) and getting more frequencies. I have heard of using different PRLs on CDMA phones to get to non-standard networks, or flashing another GSM modem to a GSM phone to get different frequencies, but not crossing CDMA & GSM.
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this

phositadc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I've never heard of ANY CDMA phone having GSM radios flashed to it (or GSM flashed with CDMA) and getting more frequencies. I have heard of using different PRLs on CDMA phones to get to non-standard networks, or flashing another GSM modem to a GSM phone to get different frequencies, but not crossing CDMA & GSM.
I've heard of at&t radios being flashed to the Verizon variant of a phone and enabling att LTE. In fact I'm pretty sure it was a Motorola phone. It might have been the X att radio flashed to the Dev Ed droid ultra maxx.

Sent from my Nexus 5

phositadc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314
Dupe

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 161
The CDMA variants of the Moto X have an extra chip installed on the PCB to handle the CDMA duties, there is zero chance of enabling CDMA on GSM Dev edition.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve-x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phositadc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-x View Post
The CDMA variants of the Moto X have an extra chip installed on the PCB to handle the CDMA duties, there is zero chance of enabling CDMA on GSM Dev edition.
But theoretically you could flash AT&T radios to vzw dev ed and get AT&T lte? I guess that's what I read of people doing with ultra maxx.

Sent from my iPhone