FORUMS

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Flashable 4.4.2 ota zip

1,423 posts
Thanks Meter: 695
 
By Tx Redneck, Senior Member on 12th February 2014, 03:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Any chance there'll be one done sans the bootloader? Btw, I'm referring to the DE model.

Tia,
Tx
 
 
12th February 2014, 03:57 PM |#2  
mrvirginia's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,688
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck

Any chance there'll be one done sans the bootloader? Btw, I'm referring to the DE model.

Tia,
Tx

can do it, just not with custom recovery brother
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvirginia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2014, 04:05 PM |#3  
Tx Redneck's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 695
 
More
First off, Koff sumbish V.

Note that that's outta the way, *If the flashable zip(in twrp/cwm) will never happen, can one flash the stock recovery w/Flashify, accept the ota, then reflash twrp/cwm in Flashify?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tx Redneck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2014, 04:12 PM |#4  
mrvirginia's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,688
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck

First off, Koff sumbish V.

Note that that's outta the way, *If the flashable zip(in twrp/cwm) will never happen, can one flash the stock recovery w/Flashify, accept the ota, then reflash twrp/cwm in Flashify?

yes sir
12th February 2014, 04:35 PM |#5  
kbluhm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Yes, I doubt someone will go to the trouble of modding the OTA for a custom recovery when it would only be saving you a few minutes of flashing stock recovery, stock system, OTA, custom recovery, root. It is after all developer friendly.
12th February 2014, 05:57 PM |#6  
Tx Redneck's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 695
 
More
Disregard.....
12th February 2014, 06:34 PM |#7  
mrvirginia's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,688
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbluhm

Yes, I doubt someone will go to the trouble of modding the OTA for a custom recovery when it would only be saving you a few minutes of flashing stock recovery, stock system, OTA, custom recovery, root. It is after all developer friendly.

but it just makes common sense to do this since i'm having to figure out how to get stock recoveries for other variants. where is the sbfs?????
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvirginia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 12:54 AM |#8  
Tx Redneck's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 695
 
More
I, for one, would prefer to have a flashable zip to use via twrp. I've followed the instructions for restoring stock recovery, uninstalling xposed... But the ota still fails.

It shouldn't have to be this hard on a DEVELOPER device.
13th February 2014, 01:19 AM |#9  
kbluhm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck

I, for one, would prefer to have a flashable zip to use via twrp. I've followed the instructions for restoring stock recovery, uninstalling xposed... But the ota still fails.

It shouldn't have to be this hard on a DEVELOPER device.

Try flashing the stock system partition... might be something else on system that you missed.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 04:05 AM |#10  
Tx Redneck's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 695
 
More
Man, I'm hitting a wall at every turn. I don't know why this is overly complicated on a "Dev" device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes