Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashable 4.4.2 ota zip

Tip us?

Tx Redneck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 677
Default Flashable 4.4.2 ota zip

Any chance there'll be one done sans the bootloader? Btw, I'm referring to the DE model.

Tia,
Tx
God will not save you from that which he will perfect you through. Dr Voddie Baucham

If more people would get a divorce from themselves, they might learn how to live happily with someone else. Dr Ed Young Sr

No man ever sank beneath the burden of the day, it is when tomorrows burdens are added to today that the weight is more than we can bear. Dr Charles Stanley

mrvirginia
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
Any chance there'll be one done sans the bootloader? Btw, I'm referring to the DE model.

Tia,
Tx
can do it, just not with custom recovery brother
Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 running VirginROM / Apollyon
MotoX XT1053 running personal dev build
Kahvitahra's mods || SGS2 GingerWay_BlueOcean Theme || GNex battery mod thread || S3 Virgin Theme

The Following User Says Thank You to mrvirginia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tx Redneck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 677
First off, Koff sumbish V.

Note that that's outta the way, *If the flashable zip(in twrp/cwm) will never happen, can one flash the stock recovery w/Flashify, accept the ota, then reflash twrp/cwm in Flashify?
God will not save you from that which he will perfect you through. Dr Voddie Baucham

If more people would get a divorce from themselves, they might learn how to live happily with someone else. Dr Ed Young Sr

No man ever sank beneath the burden of the day, it is when tomorrows burdens are added to today that the weight is more than we can bear. Dr Charles Stanley

The Following User Says Thank You to Tx Redneck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrvirginia
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
First off, Koff sumbish V.

Note that that's outta the way, *If the flashable zip(in twrp/cwm) will never happen, can one flash the stock recovery w/Flashify, accept the ota, then reflash twrp/cwm in Flashify?
yes sir
Kahvitahra's mods || SGS2 GingerWay_BlueOcean Theme || GNex battery mod thread || S3 Virgin Theme

kbluhm
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Yes, I doubt someone will go to the trouble of modding the OTA for a custom recovery when it would only be saving you a few minutes of flashing stock recovery, stock system, OTA, custom recovery, root. It is after all developer friendly.
VZW Moto X DE, stock 4.4.2 rooted
Nexus 10, CM11 nightlies
VZW Galaxy Nexus, CM11 nightlies (retired, fancy remote, dash cam, etc)

Tx Redneck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 677
Disregard.....

mrvirginia
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbluhm View Post
Yes, I doubt someone will go to the trouble of modding the OTA for a custom recovery when it would only be saving you a few minutes of flashing stock recovery, stock system, OTA, custom recovery, root. It is after all developer friendly.
but it just makes common sense to do this since i'm having to figure out how to get stock recoveries for other variants. where is the sbfs?????

The Following User Says Thank You to mrvirginia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tx Redneck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 677
I, for one, would prefer to have a flashable zip to use via twrp. I've followed the instructions for restoring stock recovery, uninstalling xposed... But the ota still fails.

It shouldn't have to be this hard on a DEVELOPER device.

kbluhm
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
I, for one, would prefer to have a flashable zip to use via twrp. I've followed the instructions for restoring stock recovery, uninstalling xposed... But the ota still fails.

It shouldn't have to be this hard on a DEVELOPER device.
Try flashing the stock system partition... might be something else on system that you missed.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
VZW Moto X DE, stock 4.4.2 rooted
Nexus 10, CM11 nightlies
VZW Galaxy Nexus, CM11 nightlies (retired, fancy remote, dash cam, etc)

Tx Redneck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 677
Man, I'm hitting a wall at every turn. I don't know why this is overly complicated on a "Dev" device.