XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing Rogers Radio over T-Mobile 4.4 Kit Kat

Tip us?

superdork21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Flashing Rogers Radio over T-Mobile 4.4 Kit Kat

Hey everyone! Not sure if the solution to this is posted somewhere else but i've got an issue (kind of) with my XT1058, a Rogers Moto X. I just unlocked the bootloader and flashed the T-Mobile zip with the 4.4 Software (and it's running beautifully btw, with minimal errors) and I seem to be able to get AWS LTE, however i've lost the 2600 MHz frequency. Anyone know if flashing the radios from the Rogers 4.2.2 file over this 4.4 T-Mobile will cause any problems? And if you can, how do you go about to do it? I'd like to get my original radios back.

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1276
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdork21 View Post
Hey everyone! Not sure if the solution to this is posted somewhere else but i've got an issue (kind of) with my XT1058, a Rogers Moto X. I just unlocked the bootloader and flashed the T-Mobile zip with the 4.4 Software (and it's running beautifully btw, with minimal errors) and I seem to be able to get AWS LTE, however i've lost the 2600 MHz frequency. Anyone know if flashing the radios from the Rogers 4.2.2 file over this 4.4 T-Mobile will cause any problems? And if you can, how do you go about to do it? I'd like to get my original radios back.
You're better off flash the sbf 4.4 at&t modem files , the 4.2 modem firmware will cause the settings to force close on kitkat

Sent on my Moto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Or even the retail brasil 4.4 modem files, it is a newer modem rev then AT&T has and 2600 Mhz LTE (band 7). I have used it and can confirm it works without issue but I didn't use the 2600 Mhz support(but I know 100% it has it)

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art with my Moto X.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve-x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danger2u
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-x View Post
Or even the retail brasil 4.4 modem files, it is a newer modem rev then AT&T has and 2600 Mhz LTE (band 7). I have used it and can confirm it works without issue but I didn't use the 2600 Mhz support(but I know 100% it has it)

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
i falshed tmobile radio on a verizon firmware and i don t see any difference
same poor cellular band

superdork21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-x View Post

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
So basically I download the 4.4 for Brasil and extract the non hlos and fsg files and flash them with fast boot and that should restore the radios for Rogers right? Sounds like an easy fix, I'll give it a try!

I'm loving the T-Mobile version though! It's great, just wish I can replace that 4g icon with LTE at the top

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdork21 View Post
So basically I download the 4.4 for Brasil and extract the non hlos and fsg files and flash them with fast boot and that should restore the radios for Rogers right? Sounds like an easy fix, I'll give it a try!

I'm loving the T-Mobile version though! It's great, just wish I can replace that 4g icon with LTE at the top
Yes, that is correct.

And I agree, I'd much rather have the phone say HSPA or LTE instead of the stupid "4g" that the american providers insisted upon.
Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art with my Moto X.

superdork21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I followed Steve-X's advice and I can confirm that it works! Just had to download the retail Brasil 4.4 firmware from the sbf portal and I used the mfastboot to flash the sequence outlined in his post above. A million thanks!!

Axilarry
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default 1053 vs 1058

Tradeoff seems to be between 1053 without a couple possibly useful LTE bands and 1058 with locked bootloader and hard-to-remove ATT bloatware . Got the 1053, then the 1060 ( in hopes it might be possible to flash a new modem and gain access to magical non-existant LTE bands ) which I am returning, and may indeed get the 1058 if it seems worth the work to unlock and maybe get a more modemy device. Sense?