OP DBBGBA

13th February 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
New York
Thanks Meter: 28

221 posts
More
I'm kinda shooting in the dark here....

I found my phone full and started deleting stuff, I knew that the gallery created preview files for my images, but I didn't know this preview files required so much space. I ended up deleting a preview folder of about 1GB twice.
I was wondering if anyone knows a tweak or hidden setting to increase the image compression for the previews. I'm fine if they look crappier, they're just previews afterall.

Cheers
13th February 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 70

373 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBBGBA

I'm kinda shooting in the dark here....

I found my phone full and started deleting stuff, I knew that the gallery created preview files for my images, but I didn't know this preview files required so much space. I ended up deleting a preview folder of about 1GB twice.
I was wondering if anyone knows a tweak or hidden setting to increase the image compression for the previews. I'm fine if they look crappier, they're just previews afterall.

Cheers

Don't really see any settings for the gallery.. but you could try switching to a different gallery app like quickpic..
15th February 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
New York
Thanks Meter: 28

221 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramkhalsa

Don't really see any settings for the gallery.. but you could try switching to a different gallery app like quickpic..

I followed your advice. I installed quickpic and disabled the Motorola gallery. I'll check back in a couple of days to see if there's an improvement.
Seems like QuickPic allows the pictures to be organized, so there's a plus aready
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread