Getting Started on Moto X

Tip us?

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1630
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyrt View Post
Well poop. Looks like the normal VZ version is not supported by Moto's bootloader unlock program.
Well...you're familiar with safestrap already....that's a positive.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

kwyrt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Well...you're familiar with safestrap already....that's a positive.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
Yep. There's that at least. LOL

Makes things simple. Root, install safestrap, and enjoy!

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyrt View Post
Background: Just received my Moto X yesterday (Ebony back, black front, silver trim, SEXY!!!). I'm coming from a Droid 4 (tired of waiting on Droid 5) and I'm hoping you guys can help point me in the right direction by answering a few general questions for me. I've browsed through some of the forums already but since the Moto X has been out a little while now there is a LOT to wade through. So....

1. What is the current state of root on the Moto X? The last I saw there is not an easy root method for Moto X on KitKat. Is that still true?

2. On my D4 we did not really have options when it come to recoveries. It was safestrap, which is great, but that was it. I think I saw a safestrap for Moto X thread somewhere but are there other recoveries like TWRP or CWM available?

3. Probably a stupid questions but what is the difference between the "Moto X Android Development" forum and the "Moto X Original Android Development" forum?

Really love the XDA community and looking forward to getting started with my Moto X and finding ways to contribute. Thanks!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post49260947
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |
The Following User Says Thank You to dray_jr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]