XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Getting TMo applets on a Moto X Dev Ed phone

Tip us?

varxx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default [Q] Getting TMo applets on a Moto X Dev Ed phone

I've ordered a Moto X Developer's Edition. I'm a TMobile customer. While I expect I'll be using the pure Android OS that presumably is installed on the Dev Ed phone, I'm thinking I may want to add a few TMo features (wifi calling, visual voice mail) and maybe even at some point try the TMobile OS in its entirety (Sense 5? I dunno).

WIth my trusty HTC Sensation, which is a TMobile-issued phone, I've enjoyed being able to switch back and forth between pure Android and full-fledged TMobile Sense 4.x (and now even a preview of Sense 5), depending on my mood. I've also used a number of hybrid ROMs that incorporate some features of TMobile's custom OS. All have their advantages and disavantages, and I like to ROM-hop.

So, my question: Are there people out there who are stripping off desirable TMobile applets or are otherwise modding ROMs for use on a Moto X DevEd? I know nobody does this for the money, but I'm someone who likes to donate to these talented folks, btw.

Thanks.

SymbioticGenius
Old
Thanks Meter 92
This post is cute. T-Mobile doesn't make sense. HTC makes sense ui on all their android phones whether Verizon at&t or any other android phone carrier.

Moto is stock and that's all. Check android development section if there are any custom ROMs.

As far as their apps Google for them. I have visual voicemail on my nexus and the other T-Mobile app to make plan changes on the fly

Sent from my Nexus 5

freak4dell
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Visual Voicemail is available on Play. WiFi Calling is not available on any phones not officially sold by T-Mobile, so there's no WiFi calling on the X.

varxx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticGenius View Post
This post is cute. T-Mobile doesn't make sense. HTC makes sense ui on all their android phones whether Verizon at&t or any other android phone carrier.

Moto is stock and that's all. Check android development section if there are any custom ROMs.

As far as their apps Google for them. I have visual voicemail on my nexus and the other T-Mobile app to make plan changes on the fly

Sent from my Nexus 5
Oh, yeah. I use ROMs with Sense so seldom that I forgot that it was HTC and not TMo.

(I might as well come clean here: I'm an old geezer. Just don't ask me who the president of the US is or what day it is.)

Thanks for the clarification.

varxx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak4dell View Post
Visual Voicemail is available on Play. WiFi Calling is not available on any phones not officially sold by T-Mobile, so there's no WiFi calling on the X.
Thank you for the clarification. If anybody figures out a way to get wifi calling on a DevEd phone, please holler.

scottjb
Old
Thanks Meter 139
It's easy to do WiFi calling, just not with the T-Mobile app on the Moto X. I use an app named GrooveIP and a Google Voice number. It is a different phone number but that could be an advantage or a disadvantage.