XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Search draining the battery

Tip us?

julioemanoeld
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Post [Q] Google Search draining the battery

Before i go to sleep everyday, i plug my phone to the charger. When i woke up on saturday,the charger wasn't plugged and the battery was only 80%. I checked in the battery stats and there was google search draining the battery, running for about two hours. Wi-fi, gps and mobile off. I thought it was something related to the update on the touchless control, where you can search on google now without typing the pin. I disabled that option. Yesterday, i fully charged my phone before i get to sleep, and locked it on my closet. Today, i looked at it and there was only 20% left. Again, google search was running for almost 9 hours. Again, wi-fi, gps and mobile off. Anybody know why this is happening?

KidCuda
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by julioemanoeld View Post
Before i go to sleep everyday, i plug my phone to the charger. When i woke up on saturday,the charger wasn't plugged and the battery was only 80%. I checked in the battery stats and there was google search draining the battery, running for about two hours. Wi-fi, gps and mobile off. I thought it was something related to the update on the touchless control, where you can search on google now without typing the pin. I disabled that option. Yesterday, i fully charged my phone before i get to sleep, and locked it on my closet. Today, i looked at it and there was only 20% left. Again, google search was running for almost 9 hours. Again, wi-fi, gps and mobile off. Anybody know why this is happening?
I did notice on my nexus 7 the other day Google Search on a different user sucked up about 50% of the battery in 12 hours, even after it was sitting around for a full day.

julioemanoeld
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCuda View Post
I did notice on my nexus 7 the other day Google Search on a different user sucked up about 50% of the battery in 12 hours, even after it was sitting around for a full day.
So i guess it must be related to the kitkat..

KWKSLVR
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Have tried wiping app cache and data?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
Verizon Moto X: Stock and Perfect
Verizon Galaxy Nexus: CM10
Samsung Vibrant rocking Team Whiskey's Bionix 1.3.1 w/ TouchWiz

If the Hardware GPS Fix worked for you and you want to donate, every penny will go back into continuing to try and improve our GPS (external antenna's, etc). I will also donate to anyone that can improve the firmware side of things.