FORUMS

[Q] GPS issue after update 4.4.3

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Kremencius, Junior Member on 22nd June 2014, 05:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys!

I have a problem on my unlocked Moto X (1058).

After the last update (4.4.3), my GPS is losing lock everytime. I'm used to use my Moto Assist on my Moto X to listen any incoming message and call, but after this update, my GPS shows my location almost 1 km far from my home and, due that, Moto Assist is not working properly.

I realized this issue happened only with "High Precision" mode (the one that uses 3g and wifi, found in Settings > Localization) activated. "Only in device" mode shows my correct location, but I can't use Moto Assist like this.

It wasn't happening with 4.4.2. Do anybody have any idea of what it could be? I have already cleanend some apps caches, full reset, but the problem keeps going on.

I'm kind sorry for my english.

Thanks,

23rd June 2014, 04:11 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
I have an unlocked XT1053 on 4.4.3 and use high accuracy with the gps on in Location. I had difficulty initially getting Assist Home to work, but finally got the home location set. I took about a half mile walk one evening and after returning home, Assist still didn't work. I turned off the phone for the evening and when I started it the next morning, Assist started working all by itself. It has been flawless since.
23rd June 2014, 04:25 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Even I am having GPS signal issues with my X updated to 4.4.3

Sent from my XT1053
23rd June 2014, 05:21 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakashr85

Even I am having GPS signal issues with my X updated to 4.4.3

Sent from my XT1053

Hmmm I am having GPS issues too. I am on Verizon with a locked boot loader and write protection disabled. NOTE: I have NOTE updated to 4.4.3 but i did get the new version of assist the day before I started having problems. However, uninstalling Assist did not fix the problem. I talked to Verizon and Moto and neither new of an issue.

Anyone know whats causing this???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)