Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GPS issue after update 4.4.3

Tip us?

Kremencius
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] GPS issue after update 4.4.3

Hey guys!

I have a problem on my unlocked Moto X (1058).

After the last update (4.4.3), my GPS is losing lock everytime. I'm used to use my Moto Assist on my Moto X to listen any incoming message and call, but after this update, my GPS shows my location almost 1 km far from my home and, due that, Moto Assist is not working properly.

I realized this issue happened only with "High Precision" mode (the one that uses 3g and wifi, found in Settings > Localization) activated. "Only in device" mode shows my correct location, but I can't use Moto Assist like this.

It wasn't happening with 4.4.2. Do anybody have any idea of what it could be? I have already cleanend some apps caches, full reset, but the problem keeps going on.

I'm kind sorry for my english.

Thanks,

Groid
Old
Thanks Meter 96
I have an unlocked XT1053 on 4.4.3 and use high accuracy with the gps on in Location. I had difficulty initially getting Assist Home to work, but finally got the home location set. I took about a half mile walk one evening and after returning home, Assist still didn't work. I turned off the phone for the evening and when I started it the next morning, Assist started working all by itself. It has been flawless since.

prakashr85
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Even I am having GPS signal issues with my X updated to 4.4.3

Sent from my XT1053

dzlvs8
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakashr85 View Post
Even I am having GPS signal issues with my X updated to 4.4.3

Sent from my XT1053
Hmmm I am having GPS issues too. I am on Verizon with a locked boot loader and write protection disabled. NOTE: I have NOTE updated to 4.4.3 but i did get the new version of assist the day before I started having problems. However, uninstalling Assist did not fix the problem. I talked to Verizon and Moto and neither new of an issue.

Anyone know whats causing this???