Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Green blinking light for notifications.. Nice you have to manually activate it

Tip us?

doitinthedirt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default Green blinking light for notifications.. Nice you have to manually activate it

This bugged me so I googled it... should be nailed to the top of the QandA forum.. every Moto droid ive had original, droid x, droid 3 and razr m have had this but moto x doesn't have it until you root and activate it??? Did they hire Homer Simpson as the new developer... wait.. it's the google maps idiot.. http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...ication-light/

br0adband
Old
Thanks Meter 356
The fact that Active Display works and the X8 chipset was designed specifically to provide that functionality - that Active Display IS how you receive notifications - seems perfectly logical to me. The Moto X is not a Droid device, it doesn't act or work like one in most respects, and the Active Display + Touchless Control are both aspects that further create a divide between the Droid line and the Moto line.

I get the idea of a "notification light" but I mean really, if people don't buy a Moto X to make use of Active Display and whatever, why the hell are people buying it?
Currently using nothing at all...

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3188
It won't work as a notification light. Actually, I think cm or something got it to work ONLY when the phone is plugged into a charger. Kinda pointless. Lol

It will work as a battery charging indicator with a tasker profile. Or app made by tasker.

But yeah, its not really a notification led.

So if it isn't plugged into a charger....it won't do anything.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

lopezpm
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
This bugged me so I googled it... should be nailed to the top of the QandA forum.. every Moto droid ive had original, droid x, droid 3 and razr m have had this but moto x doesn't have it until you root and activate it??? Did they hire Homer Simpson as the new developer... wait.. it's the google maps idiot.. http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...ication-light/
I like the active display way better than the light. Seems like a step back. On the other hand I hate restrictions so they should have made it an option in the strange case that someone would prefer it.

Arak-Nafein
Old
(Last edited by Arak-Nafein; 19th June 2014 at 05:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
It's not a notification light. It's a light for when you are charging a dead phone. It cannot be setup as a notification light....did you even read the article you linked us to?

The Moto X has Active Display, so it doesn't need a notification light....the screen IS the notification light. The green light behind the speaker HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NOTIFICATIONS.....so I don't know what you're on about.

You don't have to "manually activate it"....it already works & functions as intended out-of-the-box. The light comes on when you plug up your dead phone. That's how it was intended to function, and that's how it functions.

pintasmapila
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I use it only to light up when the battery is fully charged.
If i could have a active notification for this, i would preffer it

danny39
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
It's not a notification light, it's for when the phone is COMPLETELY dead so you have some indication that it's charging. They didn't put a notification light because ActiveNotifications was designed for this phone. There is already a thread for this, use the search bar please so you don't take away from important discussions. A quick search finds both a portal post and a thread on this topic.

Search next time
Motorola Moto X 32GB (Navy/Silver/Black) (BL Unlocked)(Current)
Asus Transformer Pad Infinity w/ Dock (CM11)
Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB (Black Mist) (Rooted)(Backup Device)
Just because it has Corning Gorilla Glass™ doesn't mean it won't break/scratch, it is glass after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplague1347 View Post
B-BUT IT HAS GIRILLA GLASS! IT TOUGH! NO BREAK. NO BREAK GURILLA
GLASS. GARILLA BIG TOUGH MONKEY! GLASS BIG AND TOUGH TOO!