5,596,637 Members 44,010 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New GSM Unlocked: 4.2.2 Root?

Tip us?
 
markwebb
Old
#11  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 415
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Windsor Locks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark9781 View Post
You should take the 4.4 OTA first. In order to take the OTA you need to have stock recovery. Once you take the OTA then you can flash a customer recovery and flash a super user app through it.

Sent from my Moto X on KitKat
From current experiences with other devices, that is exactly what I did. I am now updated to 4.4, with custom recovery and root!

Thanks guys...shame this isn't in an updated simple "how to" thread
OG Droid >>> Droid Bionic >>> Samsung Galaxy S4 Dev Edition/Nexus 5/MOTO X
Samsung Chromebook
Nexus 7 2013
Chromecast
 
nhizzat
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 356
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwebb View Post
Thanks guys...shame this isn't in an updated simple "how to" thread
It isn't difficult at all. People seem to be easily confused and make things more complicated than necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to nhizzat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
esskayy
Old
#13  
esskayy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 288
Posts: 740
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwebb View Post
From current experiences with other devices, that is exactly what I did. I am now updated to 4.4, with custom recovery and root!

Thanks guys...shame this isn't in an updated simple "how to" thread
Rooting with an unlocked bootloader is perhaps the easiest thing to do. You know this from past experience so why would it be any different with the Moto X?

The real challenge is when you want to root with a locked bootloader (and even that is becoming gradually easier).
 
markwebb
Old
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 415
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Windsor Locks
Quote:
Originally Posted by esskayy View Post
Rooting with an unlocked bootloader is perhaps the easiest thing to do. You know this from past experience so why would it be any different with the Moto X?

The real challenge is when you want to root with a locked bootloader (and even that is becoming gradually easier).
Correct.
But i began the process with a locked bootloader and getting to the answer/correct path was a challenge in these threads compared to other threads.
So I took the plunge and unlocked.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
OG Droid >>> Droid Bionic >>> Samsung Galaxy S4 Dev Edition/Nexus 5/MOTO X
Samsung Chromebook
Nexus 7 2013
Chromecast
Tags
gsm, root
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Sony Xperia Z, ZL, ZR, and Tablet Z to Receive Official KitKat Update in May

It’s no secret that although Sony is one of the most … more

Force Translucent Status Bar in KitKat ROMs with Xposed

It’s been a while since Android 4.4KitKat wasreleased, and we’re slowly … more

Fix the Ambient Light Issues on Your Google Nexus 5 using Xposed

The Google Nexus 5 is a great and rather popular device. This LG-produced … more

Google Glass XE16 Update Factory Image and Rooted Bootloader Now Available

You may recall that early yesterday, we talked about the XE16 … more