FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] GSM Unlocked/T Mobile Motomaker Firmware

2nd February 2014, 11:18 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I plan to root my 32 GB Motomaker GSM Unlocked/Tmobile Moto X by downgrading to 4.2.2.

To do that I need the 4.2.2. firmware, but I don't know which firmware to use as I know there is a Tmobile 16GB phone.

Which firmware do I use? Is the firmware labeled TMobile the same as the GSM unlocked?
 
 
3rd February 2014, 12:31 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 257
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetxjd

I plan to root my 32 GB Motomaker GSM Unlocked/Tmobile Moto X by downgrading to 4.2.2.

To do that I need the 4.2.2. firmware, but I don't know which firmware to use as I know there is a Tmobile 16GB phone.

Which firmware do I use? Is the firmware labeled TMobile the same as the GSM unlocked?

here is the firmware for the T-mobile phone

4.2.2 Post Camera Update
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/down...vice=0&file=15

4.4 Update
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/down...evice=0&file=2

those are the the two firmware files you need to root. Good luck and here is a guide to help you along
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358

Good luck and let me know if you have any issues
4th February 2014, 04:16 AM |#3  
Jayrod1980's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Far East
Thanks Meter: 603
 
More
Stop stop. Don't do that. Just get the unlock code and unlock the boot loader. That way you can root and recover and not mess with exploits that can wreck your phone while the boot loader is locked.

If its unlocked you don't need to jump through those hoops. Simply flash twrp recovery and reboot system and it will install supersu.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th February 2014, 04:41 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 257
 
More
he is correct still use this guide but go down to the section about root with a unlocked bootloader. it will get you right threw it a lot easier and faster.
4th February 2014, 08:15 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 96
 
Donate to Me
More
Thing with that is that it voids the warranty since he has the Moto maker version and not the dev

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th February 2014, 12:21 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Root Without Unlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmikeee

Thing with that is that it voids the warranty since he has the Moto maker version and not the dev

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You are right. I don't want to unlock the boot loader because of the warranty issue.

Following the process - although lengthy - will root without voiding the warranty.

-LeeTxJD
5th February 2014, 02:33 PM |#7  
Jayrod1980's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Far East
Thanks Meter: 603
 
More
Catch 22 then... Because once you go 4.4.2 you won't be able to downgrade anyway. BTW, at least until recently, the phone comes with 4.2.2 and immediately updates to 4.4 so you shouldn't have to downgrade if you want to try all that. Here's the other thing you should know... You have 2 weeks to return of exchange the phone (30 days in California) from the day you got it. You unlock and root and do all that and find an issue you can return it regardless of have it replaced. I know because I had to do that... My moto maker x was also boot loader unlocked and I got my money back.
Its not all that likely you will get something wrong with the phone past the initial period but it's up to you. You are more likely to break the phone trying to root exploit than it breaking past 2 weeks out of warranty.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th February 2014, 08:37 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrod1980

Catch 22 then... Because once you go 4.4.2 you won't be able to downgrade anyway. BTW, at least until recently, the phone comes with 4.2.2 and immediately updates to 4.4 so you shouldn't have to downgrade if you want to try all that. Here's the other thing you should know... You have 2 weeks to return of exchange the phone (30 days in California) from the day you got it. You unlock and root and do all that and find an issue you can return it regardless of have it replaced. I know because I had to do that... My moto maker x was also boot loader unlocked and I got my money back.
Its not all that likely you will get something wrong with the phone past the initial period but it's up to you. You are more likely to break the phone trying to root exploit than it breaking past 2 weeks out of warranty.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

What if my phone is Developer Edition (GSM) - will I be able to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2? I am willing to unlock bootloader and to root.
13th February 2014, 09:23 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
If you take the OTA to 4.4.2 you get the 30.B4 bootloader. From what I've read, you cannot go back to an earlier bootloader and earlier system versions will brick if attempting to use them with the 30.B4 bootloader. So no, I don't think you can revert to anything earlier if you get to 4.4.2. At least this is my understanding.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto X Q&A by ThreadRank