CyanogenMod 12.1 for Android One

Android One devices once again got a pretty stable release of Android 5.1. XDA Recognized … more

DexPatcher: Patch Android APKs Using Java

You’ve probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your … more

Is Cloud Storage Ready to Replace External Storage?

With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is … more

Customized Ultra Stamina for Xperia

XDA Senior Member androidexpert35 has provided us a customized Ultra Stamine Mode from the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Hairline cracks - Anyone?

14th October 2014, 05:52 PM |#61  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 51

570 posts
More
Wow, what number did you call because the person I talked to at Motorola kept insisting that I dropped it and and the warranty doesn't cover physical damage

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

I counted 7 of these cracks on my wife's X. I made her put it back in its otterbox commuter, cause she's dropped it several times. Not even attempting any repair or sending it in. I'll get her a new back for peanuts soon and switch them. Not worth pursuing such an inexpensive issue. 😉

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

White X that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamelin73

Just got a RMA today for this issue. Motorola gave no issues doing the exchange. The person I was talking to said it is a known issue with phones with early build dates.

Don't really understand the early build date issue as I just got the GSM Dev version 2 months ago.

They said I would get a brand new phone so we will see what the build date is on the box when I get it.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Damn you lucked out with moto tech support that you called. The one I called just bull****s me around.
14th October 2014, 06:02 PM |#62  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 48

615 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Idol

Hello. I have hairline cracks on my DE and I called Moto and they told me that I would have to pay a $100.00 repair fee because the warranty doesn't cover physical damage.

Are you sure the $100 was not just the advanced exchange hold till they received the old unit back.

I had to do this but it is covered and its a know issue. There is a thread on there support site here: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/83eb1c001a

14th October 2014, 06:05 PM |#63  
Flag San Francisco

570 posts
More
Quote:

Are you sure the $100 was not just the advanced exchange hold till they received the old unit back.

I had to do this but it is covered and its a know issue. There is a thread on there support site here: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/83eb1c001a

Thanks for the site but this guy I talked to was definitely telling me that this type of problem was not covered in the warranty and I will have to pay $100.00 to get it fixed [emoji20] I will try calling again and see what happens. Plus what irritated me was the guy I talked to kept insisting that I dropped my phone and that's why it has a crack. [emoji35]
Last edited by Bill Idol; 14th October 2014 at 06:10 PM.
14th October 2014, 06:08 PM |#64  
Flag Dallas

615 posts
Donate to Me
More
Here is the support number I called (800) 734-5870.

Also just received the FedEx delivered email too.

14th October 2014, 06:11 PM |#65  
Flag San Francisco

570 posts
More
Quote:

Here is the support number I called (800) 734-5870.

Also just received the FedEx delivered email too.

Awesome, thank you[emoji4]
14th October 2014, 09:44 PM |#66  
Flag Dallas

615 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Idol

Awesome, thank you[emoji4]

Please let me know if that number got you the help you needed?

12th December 2014, 12:22 AM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 7

16 posts
I just noticed a few cracks in my bootloader unlocked X. My question is, are they still required to honor the warranty since this is obviously a defect and not cause by me Rooting my phone.
12th December 2014, 02:54 AM |#68  
Flag Dallas

615 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdfreak34

I just noticed a few cracks in my bootloader unlocked X. My question is, are they still required to honor the warranty since this is obviously a defect and not cause by me Rooting my phone.

I would think that the boot loader wouldn't cause the cracks therefore they should have to honor the claim.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
10th February 2015, 11:08 PM |#69  
Thanks Meter: 73

407 posts
More
Unhappy
Happened to me for the 3rd time on my dev ed Moto x. I had them RMA it twice already, I'm really annoyed at this point because I love this phone but don't want to continue with those cracks which may spread or get worse and hurt resale. I guess I'll call them again..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread