[Q] Headphone jack producing spotty listening

OP Rebel908

15th January 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwalk, CA
Thanks Meter: 30

186 posts
More
Anyone having issues with their headphone jack?

It seems hit or miss whether or not my headphones will produce a good sound or not. There's a great deal of turning the connector to fix the problem currently.

And before any body asks, no, I'm 100% positive its not the headphone cord or jack, seeing as playing the audio through my DAC/Portable amp set up doesn't produce the same problem.

Bum headphone jack?
15th January 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 139

818 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel908

Anyone having issues with their headphone jack?

It seems hit or miss whether or not my headphones will produce a good sound or not. There's a great deal of turning the connector to fix the problem currently.

And before any body asks, no, I'm 100% positive its not the headphone cord or jack, seeing as playing the audio through my DAC/Portable amp set up doesn't produce the same problem.

Bum headphone jack?

have you tried a different set of headphones? some people were reporting that their sol jax buds had some glue on the connector causing issues.
15th January 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 14

82 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640k

have you tried a different set of headphones? some people were reporting that their sol jax buds had some glue on the connector causing issues.

My son had this problem with his sol jax buds. Only seemed to be a problem on the Moto X, and other headphones worked fine on the Moto X. Didn't see any excess glue or another outward sign of a problem. Motorola replaced the buds with another pair of the same model and all works fine now.
15th January 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #4  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 347

1,282 posts
More
My dell desk speakers won't work when plugged in directly to motox but they will work with an extension cable plugged in. I have similar issues with certain headphones and my tablet. I guess headphone jacks on mobile devices are not all made the same?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread