Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 39,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Headphone jack producing spotty listening

Tip us?

Rebel908
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [Q] Headphone jack producing spotty listening

Anyone having issues with their headphone jack?

It seems hit or miss whether or not my headphones will produce a good sound or not. There's a great deal of turning the connector to fix the problem currently.

And before any body asks, no, I'm 100% positive its not the headphone cord or jack, seeing as playing the audio through my DAC/Portable amp set up doesn't produce the same problem.

Bum headphone jack?
Device History: HTC Thunderbolt (VZW), Motorola Droid Bionic (VZW), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (VZW), Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (VZW), LG Nexus 4 (TMO!), Samsung Galaxy S 4 (VZW), HTC One (VZW)

Current devices: Moto X (VZW), WiFi Nexus 7 FHD

Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel908 View Post
Anyone having issues with their headphone jack?

It seems hit or miss whether or not my headphones will produce a good sound or not. There's a great deal of turning the connector to fix the problem currently.

And before any body asks, no, I'm 100% positive its not the headphone cord or jack, seeing as playing the audio through my DAC/Portable amp set up doesn't produce the same problem.

Bum headphone jack?
have you tried a different set of headphones? some people were reporting that their sol jax buds had some glue on the connector causing issues.

larry62
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640k View Post
have you tried a different set of headphones? some people were reporting that their sol jax buds had some glue on the connector causing issues.
My son had this problem with his sol jax buds. Only seemed to be a problem on the Moto X, and other headphones worked fine on the Moto X. Didn't see any excess glue or another outward sign of a problem. Motorola replaced the buds with another pair of the same model and all works fine now.

someguyatx
Old
Thanks Meter 347
My dell desk speakers won't work when plugged in directly to motox but they will work with an extension cable plugged in. I have similar issues with certain headphones and my tablet. I guess headphone jacks on mobile devices are not all made the same?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk