Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,343 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] Modem Issue (maybe)

Tip us?
 
severectify
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 51
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default [Q] [Help] Modem Issue (maybe)

Okay, so I was an idiot and didn't do enough research. I have a T-Mobile Moto X (XT 1053) and stupidly used stillthisguy's toolkit (which uses Cydia Impactor, RockMyMoto, MotoWPNoMo, and SlapMyMoto) without being aware that it is completely unnecessary since the XT1053 has an unlockable bootloader. Long story short I no longer have LTE, only Edge on a T-Mobile pre-paid plan. I am currently going through the process of correctly unlocking my bootloader and rooting, so I had a few questions.

First, is flashing a ROM going to fix my modem issue? I have my doubts, seeing as it was a separate .zip for the Nexus 4, and I don't see how this would be much different.

Second, if flashing a ROM doesn't help, then is there any way to reverse this? I'm very sorry, I just don't have the expertise required to solve this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm well aware of what I did wrong, and am now seeking help to fix my screw-up.
 
flashallthetime
Old
#2  
flashallthetime's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1286
Posts: 3,751
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Richmond Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by severectify View Post
Okay, so I was an idiot and didn't do enough research. I have a T-Mobile Moto X (XT 1053) and stupidly used stillthisguy's toolkit (which uses Cydia Impactor, RockMyMoto, MotoWPNoMo, and SlapMyMoto) without being aware that it is completely unnecessary since the XT1053 has an unlockable bootloader. Long story short I no longer have LTE, only Edge on a T-Mobile pre-paid plan. I am currently going through the process of correctly unlocking my bootloader and rooting, so I had a few questions.

First, is flashing a ROM going to fix my modem issue? I have my doubts, seeing as it was a separate .zip for the Nexus 4, and I don't see how this would be much different.

Second, if flashing a ROM doesn't help, then is there any way to reverse this? I'm very sorry, I just don't have the expertise required to solve this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm well aware of what I did wrong, and am now seeking help to fix my screw-up.
Yes you can revert back to your original modem, if you downloaded your carrier sbf firmware you will see NON-HLOS.bin and fsg.mbn, those 2 files are your modem files. Flash those two files through fastboot

Fast boot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
Fastboot erase modemst1
Fastboot erase modemst2
Fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
Flashing a ROM will not effect your modem as its in a different partition
Also flash the modem that matches your existing firmware ie 4.4

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes
 
dray_jr
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 209
Posts: 540
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Myers,FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
Yes you can revert back to your original modem, if you downloaded your carrier sbf firmware you will see NON-HLOS.bin and fsg.mbn, those 2 files are your modem files. Flash those two files through fastboot

Fast boot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
Fastboot erase modemst1
Fastboot erase modemst2
Fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
Flashing a ROM will not effect your modem as its in a different partition
Also flash the modem that matches your existing firmware ie 4.4

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
i second his answer
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |
 
severectify
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 51
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
Yes you can revert back to your original modem, if you downloaded your carrier sbf firmware you will see NON-HLOS.bin and fsg.mbn, those 2 files are your modem files. Flash those two files through fastboot

Fast boot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
Fastboot erase modemst1
Fastboot erase modemst2
Fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
Flashing a ROM will not effect your modem as its in a different partition
Also flash the modem that matches your existing firmware ie 4.4

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
Just to be clear, these files should be in my ADB folder, correct?
 
flashallthetime
Old
#5  
flashallthetime's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1286
Posts: 3,751
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Richmond Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by severectify View Post
Just to be clear, these files should be in my ADB folder, correct?
Same folder as fast boot, I believe SDK platform tools

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes
 
severectify
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 51
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
Same folder as fast boot, I believe SDK platform tools

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
Thank you very much, that did the trick.
 
flashallthetime
Old
#7  
flashallthetime's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1286
Posts: 3,751
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Richmond Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by severectify View Post
Thank you very much, that did the trick.
Cool

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Calc+ is a Smart and Beautiful Android Calculator

As we’ve said inthe past, there are quite a few calculators available on Android. … more

Get Better Debug Data with Crash Report SDK

Developing an application is a hard and often times ungratifying task. It also requires quite a … more

Navigate to Your Favorite Places with LocationDetector

If you’re enjoying an active way of life, you probablytravel a lot, go fishing, … more

LifeStats Automatic Journal Keeps Tabs of Your Day

Most of us live very active lives. This is after all why we’re fans of mobile … more