Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Reboot on power menu?

Tip us?

FligMupple
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Reboot on power menu?

Is there any way to get Reboot (by itself, or along with the additional Reboot to recovery, etc.) on the power menu?

linuxgator
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by FligMupple View Post
Is there any way to get Reboot (by itself, or along with the additional Reboot to recovery, etc.) on the power menu?
Only once you have root. You can probably make a shortcut to it on one of your homescreens using something like quickshortcutmaker, but that won't be quite the same.

FligMupple
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxgator View Post
Only once you have root. You can probably make a shortcut to it on one of your homescreens using something like quickshortcutmaker, but that won't be quite the same.
Do you mean the answer is no I can't get Reboot on the power menu, but if I have root then I can make a desktop shortcut to reboot?

gunnyman
Old
Thanks Meter 2655

DONATE TO ME
There is no way to get Advanced Power Menu without Root.
You can however hold down power and the device will reboot.
Uncle Gunny says, "MAKE A NANDROID"
LG G2 Uncarriered
LG Gpad 8.3 GPE
Rooted and Xposed
Don't be a d*ck -Wil Wheaton
Unlocking and rooting your HTC One with a Mac
Oh BTW I'm fat.
The Following User Says Thank You to gunnyman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShamanicEnzan
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FligMupple View Post
Not on the power menu but if you want to wipe temporary files and force a reboot you can do the following.

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.

2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS

3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)

5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key

Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)

7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option

8. The device will then perform the partition wipe

9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence
Devices:
HTC Inspire 4G - Was Running Jelly Time when the Micro-USB port decided to eat it
HTC Vivid - Stocked by the bootloader
Crimson Backed, Orange Accented Moto X - ATT Variant 32 GB - Death by Gravity
The Following User Says Thank You to ShamanicEnzan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

linuxgator
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I meant you can make a shortcut on the home screen without having root. The actual power menu can only be edited on phones with root access.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1285
Quote:
I meant you can make a shortcut on the home screen without having root. The actual power menu can only be edited on phones with root access.

There's multiple apps that can put a shortcut on you're desktop, quickboot and ROM toolbox are just two examples, but they all require root access.
Pushing the power button for power menu extras can only be done with either xposed frameworks or a custom rom , again both require root and or unlocked bootloader

Sent On my Rooted Moto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes

linuxgator
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Apparently I was wrong about not needing root for a shortcut. My apologies for misleading you.

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1285
Quote:
Apparently I was wrong about not needing root for a shortcut. My apologies for misleading you.

Don't be sorry, t was a valid question

Sent On my Rooted Moto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes

FligMupple
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Actually, I have root. Does anyone know if there is an Xposed module for expanding the power menu options that works with the Moto X?