XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NEED HELP!!! moto x screen went black and is unresponsive

Tip us?

jeb192004
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] NEED HELP!!! moto x screen went black and is unresponsive

can somebody please help me? my screen just went black at work today and it does nothing at all now. if I hold the power button it vibrates once. if I hold power+volume down I get to recovery. I tried to reboot from there and I get the unlocked bootloader warning screen and from there it just goes to a black screen. so I get back to recovery and installed my back up and that didn't help at all. somebody please help me.

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 163
So the bootloader is unlocked, what else have you done to the phone?

You may need to reflash it with rsdlite.
Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art with my Moto X.

Old
Thanks Meter 102
OP you need to provide more details. are you getting the M logo? is it bootlooping? is the phone doing ANYTHING but getting in to recovery?

load the fastboot menu and use mfastboot to flash the system, boot and recovery images. you should be able to bring the phone back to life without losing data.

jeb192004
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640k View Post
OP you need to provide more details. are you getting the M logo? is it bootlooping? is the phone doing ANYTHING but getting in to recovery?

load the fastboot menu and use mfastboot to flash the system, boot and recovery images. you should be able to bring the phone back to life without losing data.
Im not getting the M logo. Not bootlooping. just get the warning bootloader unlocked screen. sits there for 10 seconds or so and then screen goes black. that's it.

to flash the system, boot, and recovery images. am I getting those form here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2452246

jeb192004
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb192004 View Post
Im not getting the M logo. Not bootlooping. just get the warning bootloader unlocked screen. sits there for 10 seconds or so and then screen goes black. that's it.

to flash the system, boot, and recovery images. am I getting those form here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2452246
just downloaded and opened that up. I don't think that's it....

jeb192004
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-x View Post
So the bootloader is unlocked, what else have you done to the phone?

You may need to reflash it with rsdlite.
the only thing ive done to the phone is put xposed framework on it and gravity box. that was prob a month ago tho. this is the first prob ive had with the phone.

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 163
You may want to follow this guide to return the phone to stock firmware:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2446515

You could also try commenting out the line that overwrites user data so you don't lose your data.
Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art with my Moto X.

FSRBIKER
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Try plugging your phone into the original charger and then boot to recovery, from their try rebooting while still plugged in. If that doesn't work try this again but wipe just the caches and reboot while plugged in. I have had a screen go black before on other devices and plugging the original charger(car and most others didn't work) in and booting to recovery then rebooting would get it working again.

PS When you boot to recovery check your battery level.

Moto X Dev Edition
LG Nexus 4
Nexus 7
HTC Sensation
Samsung Fascinate
Nook Color
Android has the best developers!

jeb192004
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
well...I used the moto x toolkit and returned to stock using that. everything booted up. so far everything is looking good. lost all my data but that's not that big of a deal.