XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help me please!!

Tip us?

xpsychox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default help me please!!

Ok, fallowed the instructions to put moto x back onto 4.2.2 to do root with RockMyMoto.. did all of it to a "t" then it says to do the 4.4 OTA update... i click install and then it shuts down to install, reboots, then shuts down again and again, it won't stop. I've used RSD to make it go back to 4.2.2 3 times now (finishing up as i'm posting this) and i've re-done all of it again.. same out come... amd I doing something wrong...?!?!

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsychox View Post
Ok, fallowed the instructions to put moto x back onto 4.2.2 to do root with RockMyMoto.. did all of it to a "t" then it says to do the 4.4 OTA update... i click install and then it shuts down to install, reboots, then shuts down again and again, it won't stop. I've used RSD to make it go back to 4.2.2 3 times now (finishing up as i'm posting this) and i've re-done all of it again.. same out come... amd I doing something wrong...?!?!
i just did this Root with my phone. i have a couple questions for you first.
sounds to me like the restore is not working correctly. i had this issue when i tried to do the 4.4 update when i was still rooted and had a custom recovery. all it would do when i tried to install it was keep rebooting. i had to restore from a nandroid backup just to use my phone again.

i would try re downloading the restore img link is below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2568334

here are the steps i would take.

1. flash back to 4.2.2
2. reboot your phone into recovery make sure it is the stock recovery.(if not repeat step 1)
3. then follow the guide here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538896.

if you still have issues i can try walking you threw how i did it with the Moto X toolkit.
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |