Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help Please!!!

OP kevcada

17th August 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
I have an att moto x --- in past I tried to root not sure if worked-- then i reset back to factory settings.... also deleted lots of stock apps during this time ---- now I cannot uninstall any apps that I installed from play store the phone turns off and on.... and when I go settings- security- says unfortunately settings is not working--- also phone can't system update --- it starts but then green robot with red exclamation point shows and says error--- 15 seconds after that it says congratulations you have successfully updated???--- any help will be appreciated thank you in advance
17th August 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,862

13,363 posts
More
Sounds like you may have deleted the wrong app or apps and that explains your issues. Also, if you removed any system files, or have a custom recovery, the Ota will fail.

Need much more specific details to help here. What you've done to the phone exactly, what Android version you are on, bootloader locked or not.... Etc.

However, sounds like you may need to return to stock to fix things up and get the update. See this thread here and the return to stock section.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358

But don't downgrade... You could brick.
18th August 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
return to stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

Sounds like you may have deleted the wrong app or apps and that explains your issues. Also, if you removed any system files, or have a custom recovery, the Ota will fail.

Need much more specific details to help here. What you've done to the phone exactly, what Android version you are on, bootloader locked or not.... Etc.

However, sounds like you may need to return to stock to fix things up and get the update. See this thread here and the return to stock section.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358

But don't downgrade... You could brick.

noob here--- I really don't know what I did --- that being said any harm if I return to stock firmware without knowing what's wrong with my phone i dont know if my bootloader is locked or unlocked--- can I still try to restore to stock firmware? will it replace the apps and files --; I have att moto x 4.4.2... thanks again
18th August 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,862

13,363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcada

noob here--- I really don't know what I did --- that being said any harm if I return to stock firmware without knowing what's wrong with my phone i dont know if my bootloader is locked or unlocked--- can I still try to restore to stock firmware? will it replace the apps and files --; I have att moto x 4.4.2... thanks again

Use the guide I linked above and read the return to stock section. Has to be 4.4.2 or higher you flash tho. You can't downgrade.

Also, might I suggest you familiarize yourself with the lingo and procedures. And read read read..... Then read a bit more before you do anything to your device. Especially return to stock procedures. Do those wrong and it could be very bad. The moto X is easy to brick, or at least cause you major headaches if you do or flash the wrong thing on it. I say all this because knowing what a bootloader is and whether yours is locked or unlocked is one of the first things most people know on any device.

Not scolding you at all.... Just don't want to see you with a fancy paperweight.

Read ALL the stickies in general and Q&A is a good first step for sure. 👍

Good luck! 🍻
Last edited by Darth; 18th August 2014 at 05:03 AM.
18th August 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

Use the guide I linked above and read the return to stock section. Has to be 4.4.2 or higher you flash tho. You can't downgrade.

Also, might I suggest you familiarize yourself with the lingo and procedures. And read read read..... Then read a bit more before you do anything to your device. Especially return to stock procedures. Do those wrong and it could be very bad. The moto X is easy to brick, or at least cause you major headaches if you do or flash the wrong thing on it. I say all this because knowing what a bootloader is and whether yours is locked or unlocked is one of the first things most people know on any device.

Not scolding you at all.... Just don't want to see you with a fancy paperweight.

Read ALL the stickies in general and Q&A is a good first step for sure. ��

Good luck! ��

Thanks for the answer and advice ....now back to reading !!!!!
Last edited by kevcada; 18th August 2014 at 05:13 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevcada For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread