Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,050 Members 43,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help Please!!!

Tip us?
 
kevcada
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default [Q] Help Please!!!

I have an att moto x --- in past I tried to root not sure if worked-- then i reset back to factory settings.... also deleted lots of stock apps during this time ---- now I cannot uninstall any apps that I installed from play store the phone turns off and on.... and when I go settings- security- says unfortunately settings is not working--- also phone can't system update --- it starts but then green robot with red exclamation point shows and says error--- 15 seconds after that it says congratulations you have successfully updated???--- any help will be appreciated thank you in advance
 
KJ
Old
#2  
KJ's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,535
Posts: 8,500
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The boonies - southwest Ontario
Sounds like you may have deleted the wrong app or apps and that explains your issues. Also, if you removed any system files, or have a custom recovery, the Ota will fail.

Need much more specific details to help here. What you've done to the phone exactly, what Android version you are on, bootloader locked or not.... Etc.

However, sounds like you may need to return to stock to fix things up and get the update. See this thread here and the return to stock section.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358

But don't downgrade... You could brick.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

 
kevcada
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default return to stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Sounds like you may have deleted the wrong app or apps and that explains your issues. Also, if you removed any system files, or have a custom recovery, the Ota will fail.

Need much more specific details to help here. What you've done to the phone exactly, what Android version you are on, bootloader locked or not.... Etc.

However, sounds like you may need to return to stock to fix things up and get the update. See this thread here and the return to stock section.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358

But don't downgrade... You could brick.

noob here--- I really don't know what I did --- that being said any harm if I return to stock firmware without knowing what's wrong with my phone i dont know if my bootloader is locked or unlocked--- can I still try to restore to stock firmware? will it replace the apps and files --; I have att moto x 4.4.2... thanks again
 
KJ
Old
(Last edited by KJ; 18th August 2014 at 04:03 AM.)
#4  
KJ's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,535
Posts: 8,500
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The boonies - southwest Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcada View Post
noob here--- I really don't know what I did --- that being said any harm if I return to stock firmware without knowing what's wrong with my phone i dont know if my bootloader is locked or unlocked--- can I still try to restore to stock firmware? will it replace the apps and files --; I have att moto x 4.4.2... thanks again
Use the guide I linked above and read the return to stock section. Has to be 4.4.2 or higher you flash tho. You can't downgrade.

Also, might I suggest you familiarize yourself with the lingo and procedures. And read read read..... Then read a bit more before you do anything to your device. Especially return to stock procedures. Do those wrong and it could be very bad. The moto X is easy to brick, or at least cause you major headaches if you do or flash the wrong thing on it. I say all this because knowing what a bootloader is and whether yours is locked or unlocked is one of the first things most people know on any device.

Not scolding you at all.... Just don't want to see you with a fancy paperweight.

Read ALL the stickies in general and Q&A is a good first step for sure. 👍

Good luck! 🍻
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

 
kevcada
Old
(Last edited by kevcada; 18th August 2014 at 04:13 AM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Use the guide I linked above and read the return to stock section. Has to be 4.4.2 or higher you flash tho. You can't downgrade.

Also, might I suggest you familiarize yourself with the lingo and procedures. And read read read..... Then read a bit more before you do anything to your device. Especially return to stock procedures. Do those wrong and it could be very bad. The moto X is easy to brick, or at least cause you major headaches if you do or flash the wrong thing on it. I say all this because knowing what a bootloader is and whether yours is locked or unlocked is one of the first things most people know on any device.

Not scolding you at all.... Just don't want to see you with a fancy paperweight.

Read ALL the stickies in general and Q&A is a good first step for sure. ��

Good luck! ��
Thanks for the answer and advice ....now back to reading !!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevcada For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes