5,594,386 Members 36,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! Rooting moto X 4.4 Sprint

Tip us?
 
enigmanate
Old
#1  
enigmanate's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland
Unhappy [Q] Help! Rooting moto X 4.4 Sprint

I have unlocked bootloader. Upgraded to 4.4 on Sprint. What do I need to do to Root this thing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-12-09-56-47.png
Views:	389
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	2511295  
 
Orsini
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 23
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Miami
Install twr

Sent from my XT1056 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Orsini For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
enigmanate
Old
#3  
enigmanate's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orsini View Post
Install twr

Sent from my XT1056 using xda app-developers app
I flashed it using the info from (android. gs/install-twrp-recovery-moto-x- android-4-4- kitkat)

Am I using the correct one? And after that when I try to boot to recovery, nothing happens.
 
dray_jr
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 171
Posts: 504
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Myers,FL
Do it like so

1. Put phone in bootloader
2. Type mfastboot flash recovery name of img.img
3. Then type adb reboot recovery
4. Then install supersu via flashable zip or from the market place

But right after you flash the custom recovery you have to boot into the recovery before you let the device boot up or the recovery won't work.

How this helps

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |
The Following User Says Thank You to dray_jr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
enigmanate
Old
#5  
enigmanate's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dray_jr View Post
Do it like so

1. Put phone in bootloader
2. Type mfastboot flash recovery name of img.img
3. Then type adb reboot recovery
4. Then install supersu via flashable zip or from the market place

But right after you flash the custom recovery you have to boot into the recovery before you let the device boot up or the recovery won't work.

How this helps

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thank you again for responding.

I am fairly familiar with using CMD and commands but I think I am missing a step. Dont I need to have the window open that contains certain files? I am running windows 8.

Right after I flash the fastboot image I get several options when I do the "hold power and down volume" and none of them mention twrp recovery. It just says "recovery". Is that normal?
 
dray_jr
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 171
Posts: 504
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Myers,FL
Yes click the down volume until recovery is highlighted and then hit volume up to select it but you can just type in the cmd window adb reboot recovery and it will boot into recovery

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |
The Following User Says Thank You to dray_jr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
enigmanate
Old
#7  
enigmanate's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dray_jr View Post
Yes click the down volume until recovery is highlighted and then hit volume up to select it but you can just type in the cmd window adb reboot recovery and it will boot into recovery

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
here is my results. (picture attached). Does that look right?
 
nhizzat
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 354
Join Date: Mar 2011
No pic. What progress are you trying to display exactly?
The Following User Says Thank You to nhizzat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
enigmanate
Old
#9  
enigmanate's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmanate View Post
here is my results. (picture attached). Does that look right?
It worked! The step where I was making the mistake was not booting into recovery immediately after flashing,

Thank you again!!
 
dray_jr
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 171
Posts: 504
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Myers,FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmanate View Post
It worked! The step where I was making the mistake was not booting into recovery immediately after flashing,

Thank you again!!
This has been a very common problem lately glad you got it working

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes