XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I NEED HELP!! Sprint MOTO X

Tip us?

izzy10459
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I NEED HELP!! Sprint MOTO X

By mistake i wipe everything from twrp recovery, now i have NO OS!! just boots to a white warning your boot loader is unlocked. i can access twrp and fastboot,

gokart2
Old
(Last edited by gokart2; 19th December 2013 at 01:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 221
It's may be possible to push a flashable zip to your sdcard, the reboot to recovery and flash it. That would save anything on the sdcard. Or you could download your firmware, then RSD lite or batch script and fully restore the device to stock.

THIS

OR

THIS

OR something like THIS
---------------------------------------------------
Moto X [XT1056-Sprint]
Stock ROM or AOSPA
Nexus 7- AOSPA
Stock kernel

izzy10459
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokart2 View Post
It's may be possible to push a flashable zip to your sdcard, the reboot to recovery and flash it. That would save anything on the sdcard. Or you could download your firmware, then RSD lite or batch script and fully restore the device to stock.

Any idea how i can go about doing it, just so much information it hard to tell which one i should be doing. ive been trying to use the moto x toolkit to push the files to the phone and its not working.

izzy10459
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

THIS

OR

THIS

OR something like THIS
device not found not matter what i do

gokart2
Old
Thanks Meter 221
If it boots to that bootloader locked screen you can get to fastboot. Start the device in fastboot by holding thepower button and volume (-) button for ~10 sec, after screen turns off. Let go and it should be at the bootloader screen. Then do THIS. Had a similar issue and it worked fine.
Moto X [XT1056-Sprint]
Stock ROM or AOSPA
Nexus 7- AOSPA
Stock kernel

izzy10459
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
If it boots to that bootloader locked screen you can get to fastboot. Start the device in fastboot by holding thepower button and volume (-) button for ~10 sec, after screen turns off. Let go and it should be at the bootloader screen. Then do THIS. Had a similar issue and it worked fine.
How do i know what firmware i have, i dont want to make this any worse than what it is

Deadboots
Old
Thanks Meter 3
This shouldn't be a problem. I'm assuming that your bootloader is unlocked, given that you had TWRP installed. Do you know if you have the SDK and the adb drivers/drivers for your phone installed on your PC?

In the future, I'd do a little more research before you fiddle with custom recoveries or other such utilities too much. There are a lot of valuable resources on this site in particular, and a quick forum search for what you're about to experiment with can save you a lot of stress if you screw something up.

Sent from my XT1056

gokart2
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy10459 View Post
How do i know what firmware i have, i dont want to make this any worse than what it is

Blur_Version.139.12.2.ghost_sprint.Sprint.en.US is the one that originally came with the device.

Blur_Version.139.14.1.ghost_sprint.Sprint.en.US is the update for the camera, etc.

Odds are you should do 139.14.1. Would either be flashing an update, or the same firmware. If you were on Kit Kat (not likely), then I'd worry a little, although heard it has worked going backwards.

IF I WERE IN YOUR SHOES, I'D DO 139.14.1.

When you unzip both, there will be a folder named the same as the zips. Go into that folder and take the contents of one and put it into the other. His directions had me confused for a sec. Good luck.
Moto X [XT1056-Sprint]
Stock ROM or AOSPA
Nexus 7- AOSPA
Stock kernel

izzy10459
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Blur_Version.139.12.2.ghost_sprint.Sprint.en.US is the one that originally came with the device.

Blur_Version.139.14.1.ghost_sprint.Sprint.en.US is the update for the camera, etc.

Odds are you should do 139.14.1. Would either be flashing an update, or the same firmware. If you were on Kit Kat (not likely), then I'd worry a little, although heard it has worked going backwards.

IF I WERE IN YOUR SHOES, I'D DO 139.14.1.

When you unzip both, there will be a folder named the same as the zips. Go into that folder and take the contents of one and put it into the other. His directions had me confused for a sec. Good luck.
OMG THANK YOU GUYS!!, I was scared i was going to have a brick phone, that will be the last time i try to hang with the big boys lol.