How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Caller ID always shows Unknown

OP ibr4him

27th December 2013, 10:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

120 posts
Since there is no forum for "Moto G" I'm posting my question here...

All calls from unsaved number only show "Unknown" not even the number of the caller, I badly need a fix for this. I'm on stock ROM and kernel, untouched. I did installed Truecaller and thought that might be causing it, but uninstalling it didn't help.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Any fix for it?

Thanks
27th December 2013, 01:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

158 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibr4him

Since there is no forum for "Moto G" I'm posting my question here...

All calls from unsaved number only show "Unknown" not even the number of the caller, I badly need a fix for this. I'm on stock ROM and kernel, untouched. I did installed Truecaller and thought that might be causing it, but uninstalling it didn't help.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Any fix for it?

Thanks

For future reference the moto g forum does exist : http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g

As for your problem, is this also the case when you check the call log? Or only while the call is taking place
27th December 2013, 01:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

120 posts
No, just incoming calls...they show as "unknown" and no number in the call log as well.
27th December 2013, 03:13 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 100

440 posts
Donate to Me
More
What carrier are you on? I seem to remember reading somewhere (may not have been here) that a Canadian carrier was charging for Caller ID and shows all calls as unknown even if they are saved in your phone.
17th April 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibr4him

No, just incoming calls...they show as "unknown" and no number in the call log as well.

If you're with Verizon, try this. Login to your account on Verizon's website. Look for the option to change the features of your phone. It should say that Caller ID is ACTIVE for your account. TURN IT OFF. Wait a bit and then try some test calls. Then, go to the website and turn Caller ID BACK ON. Wait a bit and then try some test calls.

This MAY fix your issue. Even if you're not with Verizon, it's possible this could resolve your issue as well if you try this with your current carrier.

Good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
caller id, moto g
Previous Thread Next Thread