Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Caller ID always shows Unknown

Tip us?

ibr4him
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Caller ID always shows Unknown

Since there is no forum for "Moto G" I'm posting my question here...

All calls from unsaved number only show "Unknown" not even the number of the caller, I badly need a fix for this. I'm on stock ROM and kernel, untouched. I did installed Truecaller and thought that might be causing it, but uninstalling it didn't help.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Any fix for it?

Thanks

frenchie007
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibr4him View Post
Since there is no forum for "Moto G" I'm posting my question here...

All calls from unsaved number only show "Unknown" not even the number of the caller, I badly need a fix for this. I'm on stock ROM and kernel, untouched. I did installed Truecaller and thought that might be causing it, but uninstalling it didn't help.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Any fix for it?

Thanks
For future reference the moto g forum does exist : http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g

As for your problem, is this also the case when you check the call log? Or only while the call is taking place
Moto X - Stock and Slapped!
Galaxy Note 10.1 - rom : Android Revolution HD

Nexus S - DEAD
HTC Aria - DEAD

ibr4him
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
No, just incoming calls...they show as "unknown" and no number in the call log as well.

fury683
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
What carrier are you on? I seem to remember reading somewhere (may not have been here) that a Canadian carrier was charging for Caller ID and shows all calls as unknown even if they are saved in your phone.
furyť™ - not helping the situation since 1987
Enable Moto X LED Charging Indicator (without Tasker)
Current: VZW MM Moto X, Woven Black, Black, Black; Nexus 7 (2013) | Previous: Droid Razr Maxx; Droid X; Nook Color (running CM)

BIGELLOW
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibr4him View Post
No, just incoming calls...they show as "unknown" and no number in the call log as well.
If you're with Verizon, try this. Login to your account on Verizon's website. Look for the option to change the features of your phone. It should say that Caller ID is ACTIVE for your account. TURN IT OFF. Wait a bit and then try some test calls. Then, go to the website and turn Caller ID BACK ON. Wait a bit and then try some test calls.

This MAY fix your issue. Even if you're not with Verizon, it's possible this could resolve your issue as well if you try this with your current carrier.

Good luck!
Tags
caller id, moto g