FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] How do i know what network im on?

75 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By pk74, Member on 23rd January 2014, 12:59 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My phone and service is through vzw, but I live in an area not serviced by them - its carolina west wireless.

Prior two two weeks ago, my phone (and all other vzw phones here) went through cww on extended roaming with really REALLY crappy 3g speeds. Then suddenly, the 4g indicator was lit one morning. I checked with other vzw users in the area theirs was suddenly working as well. CWW customers however dont see, to have 4g still.

I know cww contracted with vzw to build their 4g infrastructure, but last estimate is that it is still a year away from being turned up.

Any chance my 4g is now roaming on att, sprint, or someone else? How do i see who owns the tower im hitting?

Btw, my zip is 28659...
 
 
23rd January 2014, 07:27 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Not sure if this will solve your problem, but I think if you go to

settings-more....-mobile networks -access pointnames

Here you will see what network you are connected to and capable of picking up

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
23rd January 2014, 10:29 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 261
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk74

My phone and service is through vzw, but I live in an area not serviced by them - its carolina west wireless.

Prior two two weeks ago, my phone (and all other vzw phones here) went through cww on extended roaming with really REALLY crappy 3g speeds. Then suddenly, the 4g indicator was lit one morning. I checked with other vzw users in the area theirs was suddenly working as well. CWW customers however dont see, to have 4g still.

I know cww contracted with vzw to build their 4g infrastructure, but last estimate is that it is still a year away from being turned up.

Any chance my 4g is now roaming on att, sprint, or someone else? How do i see who owns the tower im hitting?

Btw, my zip is 28659...


Settings > About Phone > Status >Network

Mine says Sprint what does yours say
23rd January 2014, 12:07 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asteinmetz54

Not sure if this will solve your problem, but I think if you go to

settings-more....-mobile networks -access pointnames

Here you will see what network you are connected to and capable of picking up

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

It says Verizon Internet VZWINTERNET. I assume that would be for data only, since my phone still shows I am in extended roaming?
23rd January 2014, 12:08 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dray_jr

Settings > About Phone > Status >Network

Mine says Sprint what does yours say

'Extended Network' here...
23rd January 2014, 05:06 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 261
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk74

'Extended Network' here...

you could pull your sim card out ans see what brand it is
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes