Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 44,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I root on 4.4.2?

Tip us?

GhostSoldier_US
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] How do I root on 4.4.2?

How do I root on 4.4.2? I have an unlocked moto x and the bootloader is unlocked

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,977

DONATE TO ME
There are probably at leat 200 threads on how to do this, as well as a sticky or two. If you can't figure out how to root an unlocked phone, it's best left stock. You're asking for the basics, and if you can't figure it out, odds are you're likely to break something and have a paperweight on your hands.

Sent from my Moto X
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this

GhostSoldier_US
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
There are probably at leat 200 threads on how to do this, as well as a sticky or two. If you can't figure out how to root an unlocked phone, it's best left stock. You're asking for the basics, and if you can't figure it out, odds are you're likely to break something and have a paperweight on your hands.

Sent from my Moto X
Im an HTC veteran I know how to do all this stuff. I can only find ways of rooting for 4.4 not 4.4.2 and the moto x toolkit wont open for me

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,513
Toss the toolkit and see this guide. Has everything you need to know. Use fastboot and learn more about this stuff...versus clicking in a toolkit.

Complete Moto X Guide

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Very easy once you do it.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,977

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSoldier_US View Post
Im an HTC veteran I know how to do all this stuff. I can only find ways of rooting for 4.4 not 4.4.2 and the moto x toolkit wont open for me
Rooting an unlocked phone is the same, regardless of who the OEM is. And if you "know how to do all of this stuff", why not search and read stickies, rather than using a toolkit, which tend to cause more problems than they solve.

Sent from my Moto X
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this

kochoid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSoldier_US View Post
How do I root on 4.4.2? I have an unlocked moto x and the bootloader is unlocked
flash update supersu in recovery or if you already have twrp on your x, then when in twrp and select reboot system, it will ask if you want to root phone, at which point you say yes and it will install super su before rebooting. once it boots, there will be a notification to go to play store to update super su app and install binaries. after that, you golden.

El Daddy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,835

DONATE TO ME
As mentioned above. Follow one of the many guides about rooting.

Here's one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...uides-t2603358

Thread closed.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe