ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[Q] How do I root on 4.4.2?

OP GhostSoldier_US

31st May 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Winder
Thanks Meter: 8

188 posts
Donate to Me
More
How do I root on 4.4.2? I have an unlocked moto x and the bootloader is unlocked
31st May 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,005

3,453 posts
Donate to Me
More
There are probably at leat 200 threads on how to do this, as well as a sticky or two. If you can't figure out how to root an unlocked phone, it's best left stock. You're asking for the basics, and if you can't figure it out, odds are you're likely to break something and have a paperweight on your hands.

Sent from my Moto X
31st May 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Winder
Thanks Meter: 8

188 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

There are probably at leat 200 threads on how to do this, as well as a sticky or two. If you can't figure out how to root an unlocked phone, it's best left stock. You're asking for the basics, and if you can't figure it out, odds are you're likely to break something and have a paperweight on your hands.

Sent from my Moto X

Im an HTC veteran I know how to do all this stuff. I can only find ways of rooting for 4.4 not 4.4.2 and the moto x toolkit wont open for me
31st May 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,658

12,362 posts
More
Toss the toolkit and see this guide. Has everything you need to know. Use fastboot and learn more about this stuff...versus clicking in a toolkit.

Complete Moto X Guide

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Very easy once you do it.
31st May 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,005

3,453 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSoldier_US

Im an HTC veteran I know how to do all this stuff. I can only find ways of rooting for 4.4 not 4.4.2 and the moto x toolkit wont open for me

Rooting an unlocked phone is the same, regardless of who the OEM is. And if you "know how to do all of this stuff", why not search and read stickies, rather than using a toolkit, which tend to cause more problems than they solve.

Sent from my Moto X
1st June 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSoldier_US

How do I root on 4.4.2? I have an unlocked moto x and the bootloader is unlocked

flash update supersu in recovery or if you already have twrp on your x, then when in twrp and select reboot system, it will ask if you want to root phone, at which point you say yes and it will install super su before rebooting. once it boots, there will be a notification to go to play store to update super su app and install binaries. after that, you golden.
1st June 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #7  
Forum Moderator
Flag Roseville, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,395

3,846 posts
More
As mentioned above. Follow one of the many guides about rooting.

Here's one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...uides-t2603358

Thread closed.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread