XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I root developer edition?

Tip us?

wmarcin
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboggini View Post
Are you sure this works? When I try 'fastboot boot recovery.img' it gives me a "failed command" error.
What happens when you just type fastboot?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Ryno77
Old
Thanks Meter 267
This has been said already but you can just "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img", flash your superuser zip then "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img". You are using the correct image name in the command, correct?

pboggini
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yes, this was said in the thread I started but then I saw someone suggest what I'd been wanting to do. To answer the questions, if I just type fastboot it gives me the help output like it should, fastboot devices shows my device, fastboot reboot works, fastboot reboot-bootloader works, etc. Essentially, I believe that either there is a command string that I could hand to -c or this just won't work on MotoX's like it does all the Nexus devices that I've played with.

Fortunately I did hit Moto up and they gave me permission to download the 4.4 image so I do have the stock recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno77 View Post
This has been said already but you can just "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img", flash your superuser zip then "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img". You are using the correct image name in the command, correct?