Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 48,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] stock recovery

Tip us?

Hitesh1802
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default [Q] stock recovery

where i can get stock recovery. img file model xt1052 ?

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 433

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh1802 View Post
where i can get stock recovery. img file model xt1052 ?
Download the entire SBF for your carrier/version here:

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

Unzip it. You will need to have the android SDK and "mfastboot" binary. Place recovery.img in the same folder as mfastboot, then:

mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Now you should have stock recovery back.

Good Luck
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hitesh1802
Old
(Last edited by Hitesh1802; 8th June 2014 at 06:10 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Download the entire SBF for your carrier/version here:

Unzip it. You will need to have the android SDK and "mfastboot" binary. Place recovery.img in the same folder as mfastboot, then:

Good Luck
Thanks for reply basic i know but link you given i cant find mine because i have asianretail unit xt1052 unlocked not belong to any carrier...which one is mine is hard to find and i need it because i want to update through ota 4.4.3 and right now i can't because of custom recovery..

i found one with same system version but size is around 620 mb but recovery are about 1 mb does i have to flash whole rom again..

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 433

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for reply basic i know but link you given i cant find mine because i have asianretail unit xt1052 unlocked not belong to any carrier...which one is mine is hard to find and i need it because i want to update through ota 4.4.3 and right now i can't because of custom recovery..
It should be this one: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/down...ice=0&file=892
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hitesh1802
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
can you tell me does i have to flash whole rom again i just want to replace custom recovery with stock recovery..?

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 433

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
can you tell me does i have to flash whole rom again i just want to replace custom recovery with stock recovery..?
No.

I gave you the exact instructions in POST # 2:

"Download the entire SBF for your carrier/version here:

Good Luck"

You will extract the zip file (the one I linked for ASIA RETAIL), but you only need the one file: recovery.img

Quote of the year:
Quote:

Hitesh1802
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
No.

Good Luck"

You will extract the zip file (the one I linked for ASIA RETAIL), but you only need the one file: recovery.img
Thanks man i am downloading it right now...after ota update then i will flash again twrp recovery...

Hitesh1802
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
No.

Good Luck"

one last ques i have installed xposed framework so before flashing stock recovery does i have to uninstall xpose plz reply???

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 433

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
one last ques i have installed xposed framework so before flashing stock recovery does i have to uninstall xpose plz reply???
I would recommend it before updating. Reinstall afterwards.

Quote of the year:
Quote: