Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Phone [Q] I need a better dialer app

OP Corsario_Negro

8th June 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 5

37 posts
More
When it comes to making calls, I've always been more of a number dialing person. I only look through the contact list for the people I call less often. And back in my old Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus, the dialer app had this cool feature where I would put in 3 or 4 numbers and it would autocomplete the rest.

The stock dialer of my Moto X (4.2.2 still, didn't want to jump to 4.4.2, might switch to 4.4.3 later) does NOT autocomplete my numbers, which is very inconvenient.

is there a good dialer app out there with this function? Hopefully one that does not steal and upload my contact list into some server.

Thanks!
8th June 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 79

280 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsario_Negro

When it comes to making calls, I've always been more of a number dialing person. I only look through the contact list for the people I call less often. And back in my old Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus, the dialer app had this cool feature where I would put in 3 or 4 numbers and it would autocomplete the rest.

The stock dialer of my Moto X (4.2.2 still, didn't want to jump to 4.4.2, might switch to 4.4.3 later) does NOT autocomplete my numbers, which is very inconvenient.

is there a good dialer app out there with this function? Hopefully one that does not steal and upload my contact list into some server.

Thanks!

Just a heads up, (although you probably already know this) 4.4.x onward does have the autocomplete dialer.

Regardless, if you're looking for a solid dialer app, I can recommend both Dialer+ and exDialer. Both are nice replacements.

Just a heads up though, if you want dialer+, you need contacts+ which "isn't compatible" with the Moto X (at least mine). You can download the apk here.
Last edited by thebeastglasser; 8th June 2014 at 04:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to thebeastglasser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 5

37 posts
More
ExDialer seems exactly like what I needed. Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
autocomplete, dialer, stock
Previous Thread Next Thread