Build Custom Stock Kernel with Linaro GCC 4.9.1

With this guide for Sony devices, you will learn how to build a kernel using the Linaro … more

What’s Your Biggest Reason for Not Owning an iPhone?

With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see … more

“New Kernel” for OnePlus One

If you are hungry for a new kernel on your OnePlus One, XDA Senior Member jgcaap‘s … more

GMD GestureControl Gets Lollipop Support

GMD GestureControl is an app that allows you to control your (rooted) devices with multitouch … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

How to downgrade bootloader 4.4.2 > 4.4? I'm at limbo!

4th February 2014, 04:16 AM |#21  
fndpena's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vitória
Thanks Meter: 152
 
571 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
@brunodmjr

You got bootloop because motorola OTA updates needs stock recovery to install.

Best thing to do now is wait for the full 4.4.2 brazilian rom. Then you can flash it thru RSD Lite or manually using fastboot.
4th February 2014, 11:39 AM |#22  
brunodmjr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 557
 
489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fndpena

@brunodmjr

You got bootloop because motorola OTA updates needs stock recovery to install.

Best thing to do now is wait for the full 4.4.2 brazilian rom. Then you can flash it thru RSD Lite or manually using fastboot.

Nop. I used stock recovery and did not flashed anything that wasn't for my device (answering the guy some posts before yours)
4th February 2014, 01:46 PM |#23  
fndpena's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vitória
Thanks Meter: 152
 
571 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunodmjr

Nop. I used stock recovery and did not flashed anything that wasn't for my device (answering the guy some posts before yours)

hmm. I thought you were using a custom recovery like TWRP.

I suppose you got root using rockmymoto/slapmymoto then. Because this is the only way to root the device while keeping stock recovery.
4th February 2014, 01:51 PM |#24  
brunodmjr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 557
 
489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fndpena

hmm. I thought you were using a custom recovery like TWRP.

I suppose you got root using rockmymoto/slapmymoto then. Because this is the only way to root the device while keeping stock recovery.

Nop, as i said, im an "advanced user". Unlocked bootloader.

And you can flash a CWM based or TWRP through fastboot, flash superSU, and flash stock recovery using fastboot again. No problem about that.

BTW i updated to 4.4.2

I removed root using superSU option, restored my original .hosts file and removed Viper4Android kernel mods. Then rebooted, then whiped userdata and cache using fastboot and flashed update using 4.4 stock recovery.

After that, flashed CWM (Philz) recovery, flashed superSu.zip and restored /data partition

4.4. to 4.4.2 without lose data \o/ Yeah.
4th February 2014, 02:09 PM |#25  
fndpena's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vitória
Thanks Meter: 152
 
571 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunodmjr

...
And you can flash a CWM based or TWRP through fastboot, flash superSU, and flash stock recovery using fastboot again. No problem about that.
...

Exactly what I did, except that I didn't flashed back stock recovery (will do if I need it for an OTA in the future).

I know you're an advanced user
I was only trying to guess what was the problem behind the bootlooop.

In my case, it was rooted by slapmymoto, so I had to flash 4.4 retail, update OTA and then installing TWRP to gain root.
Last edited by fndpena; 4th February 2014 at 02:13 PM.
4th February 2014, 02:11 PM |#26  
brunodmjr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 557
 
489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fndpena

Exactly what I did, except that I didn't flashed back stock recovery (will do if I need it for an OTA in the future).

I know you're an advanced user
I was only trying to guess what was the problem behind the bootlooop.

It was the system saying to the device that it is ready to do the update and keeping trying to reboot to a corrupted recovery.
4th February 2014, 02:39 PM |#27  
feelknOck's Avatar
Member
Flag Minas Gerais - Brazil
Thanks Meter: 12
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunodmjr

It was the system saying to the device that it is ready to do the update and keeping trying to reboot to a corrupted recovery.

Júnior, segue a dica do Julianocas e conseguirá fazer o downgrade perfeitamente.

Fiz e postei lá e esta tudo fluindo, agora é só instalar o OTA.

----------
English - Translator

Junior follows the tip Julianocas and perfectly able to downgrade.

Did and posted there and all this flowing, is now only install OTA.
4th February 2014, 02:50 PM |#28  
brunodmjr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 557
 
489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelknOck

Júnior, segue a dica do Julianocas e conseguirá fazer o downgrade perfeitamente.

Fiz e postei lá e esta tudo fluindo, agora é só instalar o OTA.

----------
English - Translator

Junior follows the tip Julianocas and perfectly able to downgrade.

Did and posted there and all this flowing, is now only install OTA.


I've already solved the problem, see some posts above The downgrade wasn't necessary. I just had to read a lot about bootloaders and ETC. Maybe i will compile a thread with useful information that people here maybe don't know (or just don't write and share it).
4th February 2014, 03:14 PM |#29  
Darth's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 6,342
 
16,148 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
There's already more than enough talk of all this....to the point that it seems all the different explanations are confusing some people.

The only thing I'll add is this....4.4.2 won't change anyone's lives.....just wait for your phones update. And if you can't OTA....wait a very short while longer and flash it manually.

Phones are bricking left and right cause people are jumping into updates not knowing, or confused by what they are attempting.

A little patients and carefully reading of what's already in this forum would save many a lot of issues.

That's my 3 cents.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
4th February 2014, 03:50 PM |#30  
flashallthetime's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,318
 
3,820 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunodmjr

I've already solved the problem, see some posts above The downgrade wasn't necessary. I just had to read a lot about bootloaders and ETC. Maybe i will compile a thread with useful information that people here maybe don't know (or just don't write and share it).

Already one started but always looking for info and feedback http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635366

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes