Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[Q]How to downgrade to 4.4.2 from 4.4.3?

18th June 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Hi everyone,

I updated my phone last week, but I didnt liked this atualization. My battery is draining, so I want to downgrade to good and old 4.4.2 but my bootloader is blocked
Have a way to do this with blocked bootloader ?

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app
18th June 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 800

1,998 posts
More
who is your carrier? Is the SBF for your carrier's 4.4.2 version available at -> http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0 ??

As long as the bootloader and gpt.bin haven't changed between 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 (which I am not sure of because 4.4.3 isn't out for my phone yet), you should be able to use mFastboot or RSDLite to downgrade... BUT with a locked bootloader, you will have to make sure you are using the SBF for your carrier.
18th June 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
I know it sucks to do this but I had my battery drain issue post 4.4.3 upgrade I did a full system restore, turned off location reporting and location history just (basically just turned All location services damn near off) and then slowly started adding apps back to check and see if there was any drastic changes on a per app basis and eventually it seemed to be less drastic battery drain. I also did the old "battery calibration" which I hear is totally unnecessary and essentially works as placebo... But I will say I truly feel it did do some good. Once down to 2% I launched and ran a movie on the phone and it ran another half hour or so... Maybe I should test this battery calibration. Anyways, that's what seemed to help mine. The phone now has an off charger time if about 17hours with 2.5hrs screen in time. That's about the best I can do.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
18th June 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Oh and I turned location reporting and all that other stuff back on. That is factored into my off charger/screen on time.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
19th June 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Im using the version retail Brasil 4.4.3 and I downloaded the retail 4.4.2 Brasil on your site.

Can I try the downgrade with RSD lite with no unlocked bootloader?

Sorry about my bad english, :P

Last edited by Curiousrge; 19th June 2014 at 12:20 AM.
19th June 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Before the update to 4.4.3, my phone was getting 4, 5 hours of screen with 3G turned ON.

And now, it do only 3 hours of screen, its a big diference for who uses a lot the phone.

Sorry my bad english rsrs

Last edited by Curiousrge; 19th June 2014 at 12:24 AM.
19th June 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #7  
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 800

1,998 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiousrge

Im using the version retail Brasil 4.4.3 and I downloaded the retail 4.4.2 Brasil on your site.

Can I try the downgrade with RSD lite with no unlocked bootloader?

Sorry about my bad english, :P

Ok, as long as the Versions match!! in other words, when you look on the phone under Settings -> About Phone... you'll see the System Version. As long as that matches the Firmware Version for the file you got from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0 you are good and can use RSDLite to downgrade.

Because your bootloader is locked, if they don't match, it will fail to flash.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Moto X Q&A by ThreadRank