ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to kill OTA software update

OP solovln

23rd January 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi guys, I finally got a Moto X today to check out what's the hype all about! I'm very excited but also very new to Android and Moto X. So will need you help.

I'm currently on Verizon 4.2.2. I want to stay on it because I do use FoxFi and 4.4 breaks it. OTA did download on the phone but I delayed the installation. Is there anyway to delete the OTA download file and force stop the OTA?

I tried to force stop the MotorolaOTA but the download resumed after about 20 seconds every time.

I rooted the device thanks for the instruction on this sites. Is my easiest route to use the paid version of Titanium Backup to freeze the MotoOTA? I want to make sure it works before I go ahead and pay for it. Any other alternatives?

Thanks for your help in advance. I tried to browse through about 20 pages or so but didn't really find the answer so I created a new thread.
23rd January 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Yep, go ahead and buy titanium. It works perfectly on my phone. App quarantine does not see the app. Anyone have any free alternatives?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
23rd January 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #3  
Flag Paradise
Thanks Meter: 1

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solovln

Hi guys, I finally got a Moto X today to check out what's the hype all about! I'm very excited but also very new to Android and Moto X. So will need you help.

I'm currently on Verizon 4.2.2. I want to stay on it because I do use FoxFi and 4.4 breaks it. OTA did download on the phone but I delayed the installation. Is there anyway to delete the OTA download file and force stop the OTA?

I tried to force stop the MotorolaOTA but the download resumed after about 20 seconds every time.

I rooted the device thanks for the instruction on this sites. Is my easiest route to use the paid version of Titanium Backup to freeze the MotoOTA? I want to make sure it works before I go ahead and pay for it. Any other alternatives?

Thanks for your help in advance. I tried to browse through about 20 pages or so but didn't really find the answer so I created a new thread.

Do you have the developer edition or regular Moto X? What phone carrier are you on?
23rd January 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #4  

5 posts
If foxfi is what is keeping you back, usb and Bluetooth tether still works for me. As you said Hotspot will not work.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
23rd January 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 59

200 posts
If you're rooted on 4.4 there's instructions in a thread here to get the native WiFi tethering working. Just FYI.
23rd January 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #6  
Flag Paradise

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645

If you're rooted on 4.4 there's instructions in a thread here to get the native WiFi tethering working. Just FYI.

Agreed...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2536166 here's the thread.
23rd January 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #7  
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 238

571 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw18306

Agreed...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2536166 here's the thread.

everyone states that Wifi Tether does not work on 4.4 but i have been using it on my phone from day one on my Sprint Moto X

but like everyone has stated there is a native tether mod that will give you tether
23rd January 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw18306

Do you have the developer edition or regular Moto X? What phone carrier are you on?

I have a verizon moto x
23rd January 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645

So do I just update through OTA , root 4.4 again and then install that package from this thread with discoverer?

Also I heard 4.4 is a bit buggy so that's why I'm holding back to see what 4.4.2 brings.

Thanks for the reply!
23rd January 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 59

200 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solovln

So do I just update through OTA , root 4.4 again and then install that package from this thread with discoverer?

Also I heard 4.4 is a bit buggy so that's why I'm holding back to see what 4.4.2 brings.

Thanks for the reply!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538896
If you read the forums here, you can easily find answers to all your questions have already been posted. Good luck.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread