Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 48,610 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to remove AT&T Address Book

Tip us?

EvilShrike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy [Q] How to remove AT&T Address Book

Hi.
I bought AT&T Moto X from Motorola.com (XT1058) and unlocked it. I'm using the phone on other carrier in other country. But I have a very annoying thing - when I start People app (Contacts) AT&T Address Book jumps in and starts loading. Then it fails, shows me some stupid text with "OK" and opens my contacts. And I have the same thing every time I start People app (if it's unloaded). Needless to say how it's annoying.
XT1058 version has bootloader locked and the phone isn't rooted.

Is it any way to remove this **** (AT&T Address Book)?

I tried:
- go to Settings/Account - there's an account "AT&T" there but it cannot be removed or disabled
- go to Settins/Apps to try to disable ATT Address Book - it can't be disabled(!), 'disable' button is greyed

Please help.
The Following User Says Thank You to EvilShrike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

piskr
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilShrike View Post
Hi.
I bought AT&T Moto X from Motorola.com (XT1058) and unlocked it. I'm using the phone on other carrier in other country. But I have a very annoying thing - when I start People app (Contacts) AT&T Address Book jumps in and starts loading. Then it fails, shows me some stupid text with "OK" and opens my contacts. And I have the same thing every time I start People app (if it's unloaded). Needless to say how it's annoying.
XT1058 version has bootloader locked and the phone isn't rooted.

Is it any way to remove this **** (AT&T Address Book)?

I tried:
- go to Settings/Account - there's an account "AT&T" there but it cannot be removed or disabled
- go to Settins/Apps to try to disable ATT Address Book - it can't be disabled(!), 'disable' button is greyed

Please help.
It's a part of My AT&T and is not a register but the system application. You can't remove it without rooting the phone, you can only disable it. But unfortunately the disturbing AT&T contacts remain in your address book.

EvilShrike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskr View Post
It's a part of My AT&T and is not a register but the system application. You can't remove it without rooting the phone, you can only disable it. But unfortunately the disturbing AT&T contacts remain in your address book.
OK. how to disable it?
I just want it not to to pop up when I'm opening my Contacts.

piskr
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
OK. how to disable it?
I just want it not to to pop up when I'm opening my Contacts.
go to settings - apps - all apps, select all ATT apps and for every of them clear cache, data, force stop and disable them. Also install Clean Master to remove the remains of obsolete applications. But be very careful with it, don't remove anything you are not sure what you are doing.

EvilShrike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskr View Post
go to settings - apps - all apps, select all ATT apps and for every of them clear cache, data, force stop and disable them. Also install Clean Master to remove the remains of obsolete applications. But be very careful with it, don't remove anything you are not sure what you are doing.
thanks for your help, but as I mentioned in the first post that 'disable' button in "AT&T Address Book" app settings is disabled. Other at&t apps can be disabled (myAT&T and something abot VoiceMail) (and actually does) disabled.

Vivjen
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
thanks for your help, but as I mentioned in the first post that 'disable' button in "AT&T Address Book" app settings is disabled. Other at&t apps can be disabled (myAT&T and something abot VoiceMail) (and actually does) disabled.
Just have got root via RockMyMoto method and uninstalled all three apps (My AT&T, AT&T Locker and Adress book) in free version of Titanium Backup.
Tags
at&t, bloatware