FORUMS

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

[Q] How to remove AT&T Address Book

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By EvilShrike, Junior Member on 8th December 2013, 08:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi.
I bought AT&T Moto X from Motorola.com (XT1058) and unlocked it. I'm using the phone on other carrier in other country. But I have a very annoying thing - when I start People app (Contacts) AT&T Address Book jumps in and starts loading. Then it fails, shows me some stupid text with "OK" and opens my contacts. And I have the same thing every time I start People app (if it's unloaded). Needless to say how it's annoying.
XT1058 version has bootloader locked and the phone isn't rooted.

Is it any way to remove this **** (AT&T Address Book)?

I tried:
- go to Settings/Account - there's an account "AT&T" there but it cannot be removed or disabled
- go to Settins/Apps to try to disable ATT Address Book - it can't be disabled(!), 'disable' button is greyed

Please help.
The Following User Says Thank You to EvilShrike For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
8th December 2013, 09:11 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilShrike

Hi.
I bought AT&T Moto X from Motorola.com (XT1058) and unlocked it. I'm using the phone on other carrier in other country. But I have a very annoying thing - when I start People app (Contacts) AT&T Address Book jumps in and starts loading. Then it fails, shows me some stupid text with "OK" and opens my contacts. And I have the same thing every time I start People app (if it's unloaded). Needless to say how it's annoying.
XT1058 version has bootloader locked and the phone isn't rooted.

Is it any way to remove this **** (AT&T Address Book)?

I tried:
- go to Settings/Account - there's an account "AT&T" there but it cannot be removed or disabled
- go to Settins/Apps to try to disable ATT Address Book - it can't be disabled(!), 'disable' button is greyed

Please help.

It's a part of My AT&T and is not a register but the system application. You can't remove it without rooting the phone, you can only disable it. But unfortunately the disturbing AT&T contacts remain in your address book.
8th December 2013, 09:36 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskr

It's a part of My AT&T and is not a register but the system application. You can't remove it without rooting the phone, you can only disable it. But unfortunately the disturbing AT&T contacts remain in your address book.

OK. how to disable it?
I just want it not to to pop up when I'm opening my Contacts.
8th December 2013, 09:51 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilShrike

OK. how to disable it?
I just want it not to to pop up when I'm opening my Contacts.

go to settings - apps - all apps, select all ATT apps and for every of them clear cache, data, force stop and disable them. Also install Clean Master to remove the remains of obsolete applications. But be very careful with it, don't remove anything you are not sure what you are doing.
9th December 2013, 09:11 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskr

go to settings - apps - all apps, select all ATT apps and for every of them clear cache, data, force stop and disable them. Also install Clean Master to remove the remains of obsolete applications. But be very careful with it, don't remove anything you are not sure what you are doing.

thanks for your help, but as I mentioned in the first post that 'disable' button in "AT&T Address Book" app settings is disabled. Other at&t apps can be disabled (myAT&T and something abot VoiceMail) (and actually does) disabled.
11th December 2013, 11:17 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilShrike

thanks for your help, but as I mentioned in the first post that 'disable' button in "AT&T Address Book" app settings is disabled. Other at&t apps can be disabled (myAT&T and something abot VoiceMail) (and actually does) disabled.

Just have got root via RockMyMoto method and uninstalled all three apps (My AT&T, AT&T Locker and Adress book) in free version of Titanium Backup.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vivjen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t, bloatware
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes