Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing Stock Rom

Tip us?

flasherruts
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Question [Q] Flashing Stock Rom

I am doing just fine with my moto x.I unlocked its bootloader and flashed supersu to gain root access.I am using xposed with gravity box and have no complaints whatsoever.I am Just taking a second opinion and would like to know how to flash a stock rom. I ahve downloaded the stock rom of my device and have extracted it.How do I flash it via the SDK ? Since I am rooted , do I just flash the recovery after unrooting ( from the app ) or do I flash the whole rom ? I just want to be sure so that incase anything goes wrong I know how to recover.Thanks for your time.
Cheers
WHY BE A KING ?! WHEN YOU CAN BE A GOD !

NWKENT
Old
(Last edited by NWKENT; 1st July 2014 at 08:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by flasherruts View Post
I am doing just fine with my moto x.I unlocked its bootloader and flashed supersu to gain root access.I am using xposed with gravity box and have no complaints whatsoever.I am Just taking a second opinion and would like to know how to flash a stock rom. I ahve downloaded the stock rom of my device and have extracted it.How do I flash it via the SDK ? Since I am rooted , do I just flash the recovery after unrooting ( from the app ) or do I flash the whole rom ? I just want to be sure so that incase anything goes wrong I know how to recover.Thanks for your time.
Cheers
Sir..you never need to "unroot".. the easiest way to flash the stock ROM is with RSDLite..but one can certainly use adb also..when you flash the stock ROM..the current recovery on the device will be overwritten back to the stock recovery..then flash TWRP or the other recovery, install SuperSU zip from your storage in TWRP..when you boot the device, it'd be rooted then..but you can gain root only with a custom recovery like TWRP..stock recovery will not work to gain root..if you wish the leave stock recovery, then a root exploit would be required..(if one is available)..

I hope your question has been answered..

Sent from my:
(Jaocagomex debloated)
4.4_19.6.3 (Unlocked)
XT1080M Droid Maxx #2
http://waynekent.com/page6.html

flasherruts
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
I am wanting to unroot my phone.I wanted to know what procedure do I have to follow to flash a stock rom because I am a bit confused about flashing stock via the sdk.I know how to flash a custom recovery and gain root access.I wanted to know how to flash stock on my device.I am using a xt1052.Asia retail
WHY BE A KING ?! WHEN YOU CAN BE A GOD !

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by flasherruts View Post
I am wanting to unroot my phone.I wanted to know what procedure do I have to follow to flash a stock rom because I am a bit confused about flashing stock via the sdk.I know how to flash a custom recovery and gain root access.I wanted to know how to flash stock on my device.I am using a xt1052.Asia retail
If you have the SBF file which matches the rom version on your phone, then there are several ways to flash stock....

See -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/MotoX-ReturnToStock.html that explains several ways to get back to stock.

Option 2 being the quickest way depending on the mods to your phone and what you are looking to do. Option 5 is the way to flash the full rom and get back to stock via command line using mFastboot.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]