Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,147 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to Root Verizon Moto X 4.4

Tip us?

Coop9
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dray_jr View Post
In reality he can do it either way if he dose not want to unlock he does not have to but my guide covers both ways

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I can see someone wanting to do that if they had a non-dev edition phone which was unlockable, in order to save the warranty, but unlocking the bootloader just makes sense if you have a dev edition and want to root. It's literally a 5-10 minute process, and very simple to follow.

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop9 View Post
I can see someone wanting to do that if they had a non-dev edition phone which was unlockable, in order to save the warranty, but unlocking the bootloader just makes sense if you have a dev edition and want to root. It's literally a 5-10 minute process, and very simple to follow.

i agree with you the one thing that i cant stand about the Moto X forum is the important info is not sticky'ed like it should be to help new comers find out how to do things. i know when i first got my moto X 3 months ago i unlocked my bootloader but because i could not find a good guide i did the whole slapmymoto steps to root 4.4.

this is one of the reason's why i try to answer any Q and A i can and why i try to keep my guide as updated as i can i just wish they would sticky it for people to find it easy. but anyway back to adding how to unlock the bootloader to my guide.
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |

beelbeel
Old
Thanks Meter 4
While this thread is still active, is there any way to root a verizon phone on 4.4 with a mac? I have seen several guides, and they all mention using windows software.

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by beelbeel View Post
While this thread is still active, is there any way to root a verizon phone on 4.4 with a mac? I have seen several guides, and they all mention using windows software.
should be the same process but with mac's CMD tool which is terminal. but im not 100% sure

i would make a new thread with the title How ot Root Verizon 4.4 on a Mac. i know there are a couple people on here who have mac.
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |