Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Any ideas on how to remove the AT&T logo from Motomaker Moto X?

OP samarth1

30th August 2013, 04:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stamford, CT
Thanks Meter: 117
 
232 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Donate to Me
More
The AT&T logo, although the least offensive of all carrier logos (since it doesn't actually make any mention of AT&T), is still a nuisance that spoils the backside of the beautiful customized Moto X from MotoMaker. Anyone have any ideas on how to remove this? It is silkscreened, and not etched, which has me believing that there could be a way to safely remove this without cosmetically affecting the backside.

I remember on my Atrix 4G back in the day (seems eons ago), all you had to do was take a coin and lightly scratch off the AT&T logo on the back, and it would come off as if scratching a lottery ticket. I don't want to take any such risks with my Moto X before hearing your guys' thoughts on this.
30th August 2013, 06:45 PM   |  #2  
flashallthetime's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,297
 
3,782 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
It looks like there's a carrier XML file in system ui so until we get a custom ROM the carrier label will remain

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th August 2013, 07:01 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime

It looks like there's a carrier XML file in system ui so until we get a custom ROM the carrier label will remain

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I believe OP is talking about the actual back of the phone.
30th August 2013, 07:11 PM   |  #4  
flashallthetime's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,297
 
3,782 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Yes read it while not playing xbox online

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th August 2013, 09:44 PM   |  #5  
plasticmoz's Avatar
Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 49
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Any luck with a sugar cube or nail polish remover?
Last edited by plasticmoz; 30th August 2013 at 09:49 PM.
31st August 2013, 08:59 PM   |  #6  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,489
 
5,954 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticmoz

Any luck with a sugar cube or nail polish remover?

I'd be afraid that the sugar cube method would ruin the soft touch coating
1st September 2013, 09:33 AM   |  #7  
tw1tch175's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94
 
332 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticmoz

Any luck with a sugar cube or nail polish remover?

Sadly the sugar cube relies on the back being harder than the logo which I doubt is the case with soft touch and I also wouldn't risk nail polish, maybe just spend your spare time rubbing at it.
3rd September 2013, 03:05 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth1

The AT&T logo, although the least offensive of all carrier logos (since it doesn't actually make any mention of AT&T), is still a nuisance that spoils the backside of the beautiful customized Moto X from MotoMaker. Anyone have any ideas on how to remove this? It is silkscreened, and not etched, which has me believing that there could be a way to safely remove this without cosmetically affecting the backside.

I remember on my Atrix 4G back in the day (seems eons ago), all you had to do was take a coin and lightly scratch off the AT&T logo on the back, and it would come off as if scratching a lottery ticket. I don't want to take any such risks with my Moto X before hearing your guys' thoughts on this.

Would like to know this for Verizon's logo as well... seems like it should be easy, but I don't want to be the guinea pig.
7th September 2013, 04:13 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
403 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
I used 91% Isopropyl alcohol and some q-tips, you will end up with a shadow logo in certain light angles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130906_210109.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	2240430   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130906_210141.jpg
Views:	1192
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	2240431  
The Following User Says Thank You to Infekxion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2013, 05:49 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stamford, CT
Thanks Meter: 117
 
232 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infekxion

I used 91% Isopropyl alcohol and some q-tips, you will end up with a shadow logo in certain light angles.

Excellent! This looks like repeated application can remove all traces.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes