Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Im deciding on either 16 or 32 gig moto X. Is 16 gigs good enough for most of you?

1st February 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
SA
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
I lost my nexus 4 about 8 months ago and havent had a android phone since then and deciding if 16 gigs is enough or if i should head to the 32 gig moto x
Last edited by Neogx; 1st February 2014 at 08:42 AM.
1st February 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 714

2,841 posts
You will have 11gb of space to start of with 16gb version. Get the 32gb version.

sent via tapatalk
1st February 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 796

1,995 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol

You will have 11gb of space to start of with 16gb version. Get the 32gb version.

sent via tapatalk

I agree. I had a 16 gig demo X from Verizon (perk of my job) before purchasing one. The 11gig free on the 16gig model was not enough for my apps, music, pictures and taking video of my son when needed (rather than always carrying a digital camera with me too). I purchased a Dev Edition just so I could get a 32gig model (since it was the only way to get 32gig on VZW at the time).

It might cost a little more up front, but since there is no microSD slot, you can't add space later if you need it!!!

In the past people could justify by saying "if 16 isn't enough in the future should I need it, I'll just sell this on ebay/craigslist/etc and it will cover the cost of a new phone." But with Moto lowering the X's retail price like they have, you can't count on future resale value anymore.
1st February 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

43 posts
it depends if you plan on storing a lot of apps, music, pics, and videos. If you don't do any of that, then the 16 gb version should be adequate.
1st February 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 323

1,897 posts
Totally depends on the user. I only store about 3gb music on my phone and I don't really play games, so 16 is enough for me. But most seem to need 32.

Sent from my XT1053
1st February 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #6  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 3,687

8,863 posts
More
This question will be different for everyone...kinda pointless asking others what's best for you.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 160

1,464 posts
Donate to Me
More
I went with the 32 GB dev edition since I didn't think 16 GB was enough. My S4 has 16 GB internal and it's good for most things, except if you want to store a lot of HD games, a few nandroid backups and/or Google Music. If you don't like the color of the dev edition, you can swap the backs relatively easily, just search around here.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread