Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 42,209 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] ota update

Tip us?

alrojas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [q] ota update

Hi,

The OTA Update depends on carriers?
My current carrier is MOVISTAR PERU, so when I'll unlock my phone. I will be receive the updates from motorola?
Or I won't recieve any updates from any one.

LITTLE TOUCHES MAKE GREAT TRAITS
If I have helped you in any way please Feel Free To Hit the THANKS Button

NWKENT
Old
Thanks Meter 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrojas View Post
Hi,

The OTA Update depends on carriers?
My current carrier is MOVISTAR PERU, so when I'll unlock my phone. I will be receive the updates from motorola?
Or I won't recieve any updates from any one.
If you mean, unlock the bootloader..then this has NOTHING to do with carrier..unlocking the Sim..I cannot image why either..if a carrier branded device is carrier unlocked and the device remains on that same carrier, then the device will continue to receive OTA's..it's when carriers are switch with the device, is when one MAY NOT receive the OTA because of the carrier/device relationship...

sent by my 4.1.2_98.72.16
XT912 Droid RAZR Maxx

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,590

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWKENT View Post
If you mean, unlock the bootloader..then this has NOTHING to do with carrier..unlocking the Sim..I cannot image why either..if a carrier branded device is carrier unlocked and the device remains on that same carrier, then the device will continue to receive OTA's..it's when carriers are switch with the device, is when one MAY NOT receive the OTA because of the carrier/device relationship...

sent by my 4.1.2_98.72.16
XT912 Droid RAZR Maxx
The carrier doesn't matter. The BL being unlocked doesn't matter.

Ota updates always come from Motorola, never the carrier. Even an unactivated phone with no Sim/carrier will still continue to receive ota updates if connected to Wi-Fi.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT