[Q] Did the Dev Edition not get 4.4.4?

OP Bionic22

1st September 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

123 posts
More
So I keep seeing these articles about the carrier versions getting the 4.4.4 update and I check and see my Dev Edition phone has 4.4.3. Naturally, I check for updates, but it says my software is up to date?

Does the Dev Edition not require 4.4.4?
1st September 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 46

389 posts
More
Its most recent version for it is 4.4.3, but the newest image Moto will GIVE you to restore to is 4.4.2.... stupid as trying to do that will brick your phone.
1st September 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,728

1,988 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic22

So I keep seeing these articles about the carrier versions getting the 4.4.4 update and I check and see my Dev Edition phone has 4.4.3. Naturally, I check for updates, but it says my software is up to date?

Does the Dev Edition not require 4.4.4?

If you are referring to the GSM dev edition, then NO. Not yet. It might not get it at all and go straight to Android L instead...we don't know.

You see, you are on 4.4.3 -- which is *exactly* the same as 4.4.4 except for the ssl bug and a few other minor code changes. You were one of the first to get 4.4.3.

The other carriers HALTED their 4.4.3 roll-out once the SSL bug was discovered. Instead, they fixed the bug and called it "4.4.4".

There is really nothing important that you don't already have in 4.4.3 that 4.4.4 can offer, so no reason to be in a rush. The likelyhood of you leaking any data due to the ssl bug is astronomically small since you are using a smart phone.

Hope that helps explain things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitler

Its most recent version for it is 4.4.3, but the newest image Moto will GIVE you to restore to is 4.4.2.... stupid as trying to do that will brick your phone.

Stupid indeed! I discussed this same topic with another member...

Fortunately, you can find the entire 4.4.3 SBF here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/down...ice=0&file=919
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread