Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,602 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Did the Dev Edition not get 4.4.4?

Tip us?

Bionic22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default [Q] Did the Dev Edition not get 4.4.4?

So I keep seeing these articles about the carrier versions getting the 4.4.4 update and I check and see my Dev Edition phone has 4.4.3. Naturally, I check for updates, but it says my software is up to date?

Does the Dev Edition not require 4.4.4?

knitler
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Its most recent version for it is 4.4.3, but the newest image Moto will GIVE you to restore to is 4.4.2.... stupid as trying to do that will brick your phone.
T-Mobile
7 2013 - MOTO X GMS DE - 16GB MOTO X N/W/B

FOR SALE: Nexus 5 Black 16GB(used), Moto G GPE(unused)

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,635

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic22 View Post
So I keep seeing these articles about the carrier versions getting the 4.4.4 update and I check and see my Dev Edition phone has 4.4.3. Naturally, I check for updates, but it says my software is up to date?

Does the Dev Edition not require 4.4.4?
If you are referring to the GSM dev edition, then NO. Not yet. It might not get it at all and go straight to Android L instead...we don't know.

You see, you are on 4.4.3 -- which is *exactly* the same as 4.4.4 except for the ssl bug and a few other minor code changes. You were one of the first to get 4.4.3.

The other carriers HALTED their 4.4.3 roll-out once the SSL bug was discovered. Instead, they fixed the bug and called it "4.4.4".

There is really nothing important that you don't already have in 4.4.3 that 4.4.4 can offer, so no reason to be in a rush. The likelyhood of you leaking any data due to the ssl bug is astronomically small since you are using a smart phone.

Hope that helps explain things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitler View Post
Its most recent version for it is 4.4.3, but the newest image Moto will GIVE you to restore to is 4.4.2.... stupid as trying to do that will brick your phone.
Stupid indeed! I discussed this same topic with another member...

Fortunately, you can find the entire 4.4.3 SBF here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/down...ice=0&file=919
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]