Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,932 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlock Network/SIM AT&T

Tip us?

redhonker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Unlock Network/SIM AT&T

Hi,

I have the AT&T model, stock ROM.

I am about to travel abroad. Called to AT&T to unlock. In the past, as long as I have used the phone for 60 days, that's no problem. However, they said the policy changed 18 months ago and they won't unlock the phone for free until the contract matures.

Is there any way to unlock Moto X for free?

Thanks
gTablet, DRH Jelly Bean 4.3
Kindle Fire HD 8.9, PAC-man
Moto X XT1058, AT&T 4.4
Samsung Galaxy S4 i337, AT&T, 4.3 rooted

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhonker View Post
Hi,

I have the AT&T model, stock ROM.

I am about to travel abroad. Called to AT&T to unlock. In the past, as long as I have used the phone for 60 days, that's no problem. However, they said the policy changed 18 months ago and they won't unlock the phone for free until the contract matures.

Is there any way to unlock Moto X for free?

Thanks
Free, no. But for somewhere around $10 to $20 you should be able to get it unlocked from any of the online merchants selling "SIM-Unlock" codes.

You will need a NON-AT&T Sim. When you place the NON-AT&T sim in the phone, it will prompt you for the unlock code. You will enter the code provided by the online merchant, and if correct, it will be unlocked and you'll be all set.

Several users have reported success, but a few have reported that the code provided to them did not work. All you can do is try.

WARNING: If you enter an incorrect unlock code too many times, it triggers a LOCK-OUT and the phone will be permanently locked to AT&T and you will never be able to unlock it.

Good Luck
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root