XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] can't install t-mobile 4.4.2 with TWRP 2.6.3.1

Tip us?

raoulteeuwen
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsene28 View Post
here to find your match firmware and download it http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

unzip it, and you can find a file named "recovery.img", and copy it to your sdk folder. if you don't have this tool. you can from this website and install it: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html . copy the "recovery.img" to "D:\adt\sdk\platform-tools" folder.

after that,connect your phone, and reboot to fastboot, open ":\adt\sdk\platform-tools" in your pc, hold "shift" and click right key of mouse, then shoose "open command window here". then input "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img", and you can get your recovery back to your stock recovery.

after that, you can follow this: http://androidfannetwork.com/2014/02...-ota-here-now/

hope you can get what you want, and apologize for my poor english, hope you can understand my answer.
Thank you very much. Did as you describe (just before reading it, i found out you can't flash an img file through twrp, so googled and found had to do it from PC via the fastboot command ... did that, but when i now try to reboot into recovery i get the green droid and a red exclamation mark ... Haven't found out how to solve that. Right after initiating the command, the first output is "variable not supported!", but the phone did flash. I did try a second time, but get the same result. So i now can't get into a recovery and can't flash Android 4.2.2. Any suggestions ?

raoulteeuwen
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoulteeuwen View Post
Thank you very much. Did as you describe (just before reading it, i found out you can't flash an img file through twrp, so googled and found had to do it from PC via the fastboot command ... did that, but when i now try to reboot into recovery i get the green droid and a red exclamation mark ... Haven't found out how to solve that. Right after initiating the command, the first output is "variable not supported!", but the phone did flash. I did try a second time, but get the same result. So i now can't get into a recovery and can't flash Android 4.2.2. Any suggestions ?
Found it: while seeing the droid and red exclamation, i can press "Volume Down and Power" and get a menu, am flashing the 4.2.2. while i type this. Thanks!

arsene28
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Mine is press the up and power button. Do you success to flash 4.2.2? I heard that it can't flash down to the previouse system, may cause some trouble?

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 171
if you are not 100% sure you want 4.4.2 i would not flash it because you can not flash back to 4.4.
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |